• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Slowest Pokemon?

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    Doesn't HGSS have a race as part of the Pokethlon? You could race slow pokemon to find out who's the slowest. Though that's based on their stats on not on what the actually are like.

Ayselipera

Well stat wise the two slowest Pokemon are Shuckle and Munchlax with a 5 base speed.

Other pokemon who seem slow are
    - Slakoth
    - Blissey

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Yeah. Shuckle and Munchlax's Speed stats are the lowest. For whatever reason, I see Munchlax and Snorlax being somewhat fast if, say, there's food involved. I agree with Shuckle, though. I can't see that guy moving for anything. Same with Slowpoke, Slakoth and Magcargo. I mean, that thing is a slug for goodness sakes.

For whatever reason, I always imagined Blastoise as slow. I know it isn't that bad stat-wise. I think it's because of that huge, bulky shell. I just can't imagine it moving easily and swiftly. Meh.

I also think that Slaking is weird. It evolves from Slakoth, has the ability Truant, is called "the lazy Pokemon," and is depicted in all game sprites on the ground being, well, lazy. Yet it has a base speed of 100. I just can't see it moving tha fast. Maybe it's just me.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Slakoth or Slaking I suppose.
    But the most obvious ones are like
    Slowpoke
    Snorlax = Snore like sleeping wich makes it slow.
    SlowBro
    Slowking

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2010
    I would say Nosepass is the slowest, because according to the Pokedex it's completely immobile and only moves 3/8 of an inch a year.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Xatu's pokedex entries mention that it never moves, but that's more a discipline thing than actually being unable to move. >_>

I'm inclined to say Magcargo and most other rock-type pokemon personally

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Hey! But what if that particular pokemon is being trained by a trainer and the trianer is focusing on improving it's speed?
    Roarks Geodude was quick.
    Normaly they are slow but because Geodude was being trained by Roark does it have some sort of impact on it's stats!

*Minun*

Loves ponies, hates phonies
    Years
    slowpoke is the slowest. It takes 5 minutes for even pain to register in it's system. It says that it is the slowest in it's pokedex entries and all of the pokemon books I've read.

Back