• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smart ones...

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
  • King Shuckle said:
    Hmmm.....I consider Meowth to be a smart Pok?mon. Any Pokemon that can learn to speak English and be part of a moniacal evil team, must have some brains somewhere. I mean, Gastly speaks english aswell, it might be smart. It's been apparent that both of these Pok?mon are smart. But if I were to choose a none-talking Pokemon, i would choose....Pikachu. It is so alert and it always knows the attacks there doing. Hmmm....I don't count legendaries when doing this post because there too Uber to consider...so yeah.
    I dont think all Meowths are smart only team rockets' and not all gastlys can speak.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    jynx said:
    Apart from Slowpoke...XD

I think legendaries are smart too.

I think Slowpoke is a smart Pok?mon...

It could develop a own life style, just by living of trying and evolution.
    And I dont think an stupid creature would have enough "brain" to use it's tail like a Fishing Rod~ =P

Sorry, I just like to defend Slowpoke~ xD

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • OK, I thought of a reason why Metagross might not be as smart in more detail (please imagine the following ) :

Brain1: Man, I want some pizza...
    Brain2: Na, tacos!
    Brain3: No, Chinese I tell you!
    Brain4: How can you eat all that MSG??? Lets go American, lets eat burgers!
    Brain1: Stop bein' so lame!
    *Comet Punch (to self)*

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    kohei said:
    OK, I thought of a reason why Metagross might not be as smart in more detail (please imagine the following ) :

Brain1: Man, I want some pizza...
    Brain2: Na, tacos!
    Brain3: No, Chinese I tell you!
    Brain4: How can you eat all that MSG??? Lets go American, lets eat burgers!
    Brain1: Stop bein' so lame!
    *Comet Punch (to self)*

xD
    Funny, but imagine this one~

Brain 1: Look at that Sneasel!
    Brain 2: Its an Ice Pok?mon, and his attacks doesnt affect us too much~
    Brain 3: Out of our attacks, Meteor Mash is super effective~
    Brain 4: But we have chances to miss it, Sneasel is a quick Pok?mon.
    Brain: Lets make a trap them!
    ...etc~

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Castrainer said:
    I think Slowpoke is a smart Pok?mon...

It could develop a own life style, just by living of trying and evolution.
    And I dont think an stupid creature would have enough "brain" to use it's tail like a Fishing Rod~ =P

Sorry, I just like to defend Slowpoke~ xD
    hm...good point!
    --------------------
    Metagross--Given that 2cones are stick together. Height of first cone=2cm, height of 2nd cone=3cm. Both have radius 12cm. Calculate total surface area.

Brain1: surface area of cone= r*l*"pie"
    Brain2: l=r x h
    Brain3: pie=3.14
    Brain4: Cone1's l=12x2...

etc XD

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Brain 1: Look at that Sneasel!
    Brain 2: Its an Ice Pok?mon, and his attacks doesnt affect us too much~
    Brain 3: Out of our attacks, Meteor Mash is super effective~
    Brain 4: But we have chances to miss it, Sneasel is a quick Pok?mon.
    Brain: Lets make a trap them!
    ...etc~

Hahaha! :) They are actually working togather! And as for them solving math equations... dammit, I hope it can be my tutor XD

Kine

Whatev
    Years
  • I just wonder what we're comparing intellegence to. As smart as humans, other Pokemon, or other real life animals? In a sense, I'd say all (or at least most) Pokemon are at least smarter than any average animal. However, there are those who still seem to be driven by instinct, I guess like Rattata. And even so, a trained Pokemon can easily surpass the abilities of a wild one. I'm pretty sure it includes intellegence. Plus, if the theory of "Pokeblock metamorphisis" and the idea that Pokemon become like their trainers holds true, then I guess it's possibly you could have a little Pidgey genius.

[SIZE=-2](There I go again, rambling on as though anyone is really going to read all that. -_-;)[/SIZE]

Back