• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

so Does Anyone here like 80s Music?

Years
  • I LOVE 80'S MUSIC!!!! I'm a child of the 80's. I grew up listening to Michael Jackson, Genesis, Madonna, Billy Joel and so many other artists. I listened to an 80's music show on the radio during my school days and recorded A LOT of 80's music off the radio.

I prefer listening to 80's music than the stuff we got today. Everything's all mainstream and have to be popular with tweens to sell well.

Years
    • WA
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    I listen to plenty of stuff from the 80s. The Cure, Wipers, Dinosaur Jr, The Smiths, R.E.M., Soundgarden, Early Nirvana, Black Flag, Pixies etc.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • Love the 80s music. Specially Black Sabbath, and some old school Metal bands.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • To me, the 80s offered some of the most remembered music ever. A lot of the music I like is from the 80s e.g.

-Gary Numan: Performed- Cars, Are Friends Electric?
    -a-ha: Perfomed- Take On Me, The Sun Always Shines on T.V.
    -Queen: Performed- Don't Stop Me Now, Bohemian Rhapsody
    -Michael Jackson: Perfomed- Thriller, Billie Jean
    -R.E.M.: Perfomed- Losing My Religion, Everybody Hurts

That's just a sample of what I like, these shack loads of it. The 80s was an awesome time for music, but I do also like the more modern music as well.

Years
  • Here!! I Listen Rock, Metal, some jazz, even blues. and yes, I like 80's music
    Sabbath, Dio, Maiden, Judas, White Lion, Whitesnake, Quiet Riott, Gary Moore, Queen, Queensryche, Megadeth, etc

zekes

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    I do like some of 80's songs but I prefer the music right now for the remix of it is way better than before and yes I love rock bands such as Aerosmith and Bon Jovi.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    How can you not like 80's music? Music videos, however, are entirely different...(the 80's, the decade that taste left)

It gave birth to and revitalized some of the greatest singers to ever walk the earth (most importantly Madonna) and redefined some genres of music entirely. I'm not old enough to have listened to the songs that came out at that time, but I simply can't list all the bands/singers I listen to from that time. There's too many ;-;

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    My girlfriend is obsessed with 80s music... so much that she's kind of turning me away from it haha ;)

Last edited:

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • I like a lot of bands that are older than the 80's (you can probably tell by my avatar/tag) but there are plenty of 80's bands I also listen to. These are just some I can think of off the top of my head:

Queen, Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Led Zepplin, Aerosmith

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I love the 80's, almost all of the classic songs such as Time After Time are released in the 80's.. <3; Not only that, 80's had the most talented singers alive as well as the most successful ones.

Dark Symphonia

GENERATION V!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2012
    Sorta... I used to listen to Belinda Carlisle 's music for fun. I was also rickrolled so yeah. But once in a while I do play an old song or two for nostalgia.

Back