• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    I like the color silver more than gold-- and I like Lugia more than Ho-Oh-- so right now I want Soul Silver. =P I'll need to see the differences between them once more information is released before I make a final decision, though.

Evildarkkai

I didn't get a chance...
    Years
    Id Rather get heart gold, because With a line up i plan to be using, Ho-oh would be better off earlier in the game? Also because I like the version Specific Pokemon in Heart gold better than Soul Silver :D

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I think I've decided on getting Heart Gold simply because I would prefer to play the Gold version. I also prefer Ho-Oh to Lugia for some strange reason.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I've decided to get both. I'll probably get SoulSilver first since Silver was the one I had back in the day, but it really depends on version exclusives.

Elmaste

Elmaste The Great!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    Didn't anyone play Crystal first? Guess, I'm the only one. :/ Anyway, i don't think i'm going to buy any of these games. But i'm sure, it's going to be awesum.:D

I played Crystal first. It was better than Silver but I never played Gold so I don't know about Gold. Anyway to answer the poll, I'm getting SoulSilver IF I do get one of them. But it depends on which one will be left in the stores when I go buy it.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    It's incredibly likley I'll get HeartGold, I think the name sounds much better, and gold is more valuable than silver.

boss jr.

Wii Experience
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Mar 20, 2010
    I voted Both, the 2nd gen games were the best.

I can't wait to see what Nintendo's done with them after all this time :D .

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    Which one? BOTH! The first Gen 2 game I played was Gold, the second was Crystal, both of which I still have. Since I have 2 originals, may as well get two remakes. HeartGold and SoulSilver all the way!

Last edited:

RegiMasta

Regi Trainer
    Years
    • Oz
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Heart gold FTW

I'll be getting heart gold, because I find Ho-oh a bit stronger, and I like fire types more than psychic-types (There are too many psychic legendaries!)

Also, I just like the color gold more than silver, Don't know why

Jedi_green5

Rare & Shiny Collector.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Soul Silver, because mainly <3 lugia and heart gold sounds...well..stupid..but meh, my bros are getting heart gold so ill b getting all of em exclusive or not.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2009
    Heart gold beacause that was my first pokémon game aldought soul slver has a nicer name dough

Dr. James

Experimenting
    Years
    I would get HeartGold. I got Gold in the first place back in 1999. Also, I like Gold's story better than Silver. I think that having the Rainbow Wing in the Radio Tower makes more sense that the Silver Wing there.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    BOTH

I'm preordering straight from Japan, like I did with Platinum. Unlike Platinum, though, I'll also get the English versions.

How do you preorder straight from Japan? D: I wanna get at least one when it comes out.

As for me, I'm going to get both, but if I had to choose just one, I'd choose Gold. Only because it was the first one I had when G/S came out. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2010
    Ok, I admit I'm somewhat n00b to the pokemon games. I got on the train when XD came out for the gamecube...and later with Diamond and Pearl...and after getting Pearl I got FireRed and Emerald and played those a bit...so maybe I'm not really the biggest n00b then, haha! Anyways, what are the big differences between the original gold and silver? I know Silver has Lugia in it right? Ho-oh is in Gold? I'm more a Lugia fan, so just knowing Lugia will be OT in Silver, I'll buy Silver.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Definitely SoulSilver, I like Lugia more the Ho-oh, along with the version only in Silver. I do hope that the antagonist(Silver?) is still a jerk throughout the game.

Back