• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Wait? You're saying the guy you play as is different in SoulSilver to HeartGold??

But, i think i'm getting Heartgold coz of exclusives:
    Kyogre
    Arcanine family
    Arbok family

as Heartgold seems to have FireRed exclusives, and i got LeafGreen

Shadow-Ying-Yang

My favorite song is Bleach Op8
    Years
    I'll wait until Mind Crystal, thank you very much.

Anyways, I think that this game will be EPIC. I've seen the sprites and so far, I like what I'm seeing :).

But what I'm really hoping for is a R/S/E remake. Man, those games really made my day. To get Mudkip again, nice...

So, I'll get Cyndaquil once again in that game, and this will be my dream team:

Typhlosion or Charizard
    Staraptor or Aerodactyl
    Empoleon
    Luxray or Zapdos
    Torterra
    And Arceus, duh.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2021
    I originally thought I'd get Soulsilver because I liked silver better, I like Lugia better, I like the color better, and a whole host of reasons but I'll be getting Heartgold because silver has no exclusive pokemon I like or need or even want, with the exception of kyogre. Heartgold on the other hand has plenty for me so I unfortunately must get Heartgold even though I have the fondest memories of silver

leana9101

Drifting...
    Years
    i will be getting heartgold just because even though i played silver back in the day, i want something new, and i will play soulsilver eventually.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    No, I'm saying I like the character, Gold/Hibiki. The characters, Gold and Silver, are the same in both games ewe;;...

oh.that's good.
    Anyway, i now know i'm definitely getting HeartGold, even though i prefer Latias, and you get that on SoulSilver.

Still deciding whether or not to build my team around Gold (in the manga), or just use pokes i've never used before

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    SoulSilver.

Why:
    - Alliteration for the win.
    - Gold is overrated.
    - Lugia pwns Ho-oh because water>fire.

Last edited:

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
    Im so getting SoulSilver!!!
    But i will have wait 'till the Europe release next year ... i don't understand Japanese and i think it would be a waste of money >>
    I can wait ... at least i think so xD
    Until the Europe release i will have to play on an emulator :[

PS:
    I just started SoulSilver (i destroyed Red in HG and i had enough of it) and i think im doing good with my newly evolved Croconaw and Flaaffy :]

AsugetRanzo

гейKuir
    Years
    I'm getting Gold first because that is what I first got between the two back in the GBC days.
    I'll get Silver after that. I normally run out of box room on my main games, so I use the extra ones as storage. Lots of breeding and experimenting. :]

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
    I did a translation of SS for my friends (I'm fluent in jpnese) so I'm going to go with Gold just for the variety.

Back