• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Kindo

What!!
    Years
    efinetly heart gold if only there were as crystal remake i would buy that straight away my first game ever

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    I'll end up getting both of them most likely.
    SoulSilver first, then HeartGold.

I'm getting both since G/S/C was my favorite generation, and SS first because I originally got Silver first. :3

Years
    SoulSilver

A long long time ago... My parents got me and my brother Pokemon Silver as a present (christmas or something). So when I raised enough money, I bought Gold for myself.

Therefor, because I have Pokemon Gold, I want to have Pokemon SoulSilver this time.

Ooohhhh, I can't waiiiitttttt! *-*

(but eventually, I'd probably end up with both xD
    To bad they're expensive)

Chaos Feraligatr

Darkness Bringer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    soul silver considering that it was my first pokemon game and i just love lugia one of my favorite legendaries.

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
    Years
    I'm most likely getting Gold first. That's the one I got back in 2000. Yay for Christmas presents. :D

Plus, I get Ho-Oh first with Lugia at a higher level. >:3

I'll probably buy Silver afterwards.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Heart Gold, definitely. I always wanted the original Gold version as soon as I heard about it, and in Generation IV and as a seventeen year old, this will be no different.

I've eben waiting for this for so long, I'm going to preorder/buy a US copy as soon as can.

Years
    Soul Silver, definitely. Not only cause I don't like the feminine name of Gold, but I had Gold last time so Silver will be a good change.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    For me, it'll be Soul Silver, I always get both but the 2nd version always goes to my sister.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    SoulSilver for me because
    a) it was my first game ever,
    b) Silver is a better color,
    c) SoulSilver sounds so much cooler, and
    d) they haven't announced a remake of Crystal.
    If they had, that's what I would have decided to buy. I'll probably get both actually, since I've never had Gold version.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Considering you can get both birds as in the originals, I'd prefer to get Ho-oh first and then Lugia later on.

Probably getting Heart Gold then :)

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    well, I had Silver the first time around, so I'm going to pick Heart Gold, even though Soul Silver is a much cooler name... Maybe I am still undecided

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Since I have this inexplicable obsession with Lugia, I shall naturally go for Soul Silver. Plus it sounds nicer xD
    Also, because I've always had silver, and so I will know, although I might decide to buy both if it looks like it would be worth it ^^

Ginji

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    Well I am getting both of them but im playing soul silver first because silver was the first game I got when gameboy color was out.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    It depends :] it could be heart gold and soul silver but the first one I see I will buy it.
    But I think Soul Silver.

Cid

Years
    HeartGold. I originally played Gold as my first game, so it'd be fun and nostalgic to play the same game.

Also, Lugia was claimed by my brother, so I guess that includes SoulSilver as well.

Back