• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    SoulSilver <3

silver was my first game :>
    i might wind up getting both tho eue

Attrox Ostendo

Meat Stain Lieks Vinnie Gar~<3
    Years
  • I'm getting Heart Gold first and Soul Silver later on. Heart Gold was the first pokemon game I bought with my own money when I was young, and it's the one that holds the most memories.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Heart Gold. I had gold as a child, gonna continue with the pattern.
    No, both.

I've heard people say that they decided against Heart Gold because of the name alone. I can only say that a true Pokefan would play a game regardless of names.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    I always get the version that is least popular. Last time i picked Silver since Gold was more popular. now i have no clue which version most people will buy. i think silver again, but it is winning this poll so i don't know.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • Both, of course. :] Well, one at a time, that's for sure. I'd want to get Soul Silver first, I've always liked Silver over Gold (the colors, mind you). Once I beat the game and I'm still interested, I'll get Heart Gold. =] Just makes trading and stuff easy, I have two DSes (one's my sisters)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am getting Heart Gold mainly because I like the color gold more than silver. Gold was also probably the first game I ever played.

Years
  • I'm importing Heart Gold and getting Soul Silver in English. It's what I've always done with Rockman.exe and Ryuusei no Rockman. I didn't start doing that with Pokemon until Diamond and Pearl. Where I have Japanese Diamond, English Pearl, Japanese Platinum, and English Platinum.

Can I read Japanese? No. Do I care? No. I just don't like to wait.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I don't know whether or not I'll be getting one of them or both, but I'd prefer to have Soul Silver, since I previously had Silver until I sold it. :'(
    I'd probably get both like DP, though...

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
  • I want to get both(so I can see if I like boy or girl char better) But, I probaly won't be able to, so out of the two I would prefer Soul Silver because I like the color silver better than gold, and Lugia better than Honou.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I'm not entirely sure. I was always a huge Gold fan, but all the hype over Soul Silver has made me realize that both games are cool. If I decide not to purchase both games though, Heart Gold will probably be my choice. I started out with Gold and had it the longest (I accidentally let my Silver get washed with my clothes, resulting in its demise). Heart Gold primarily for nostalgic reasons.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I'm getting both games, but I probably play Soul Silver more because it has Lugia in it and I like Lugia more than Ho-oh. xD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I will also be getting Heart Gold because the new girl's look matches the name somewhat. I actually like the name Heart Gold a lot more than Soul Silver for some reason.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I will most likely get SoulSilver because of the many fond memories attached to Silver.
    Silver was not only the first Pokémon game I got my hands on, but the first game I actually owned as well. I got it the day after I got my Gameboy Color. ^^
    Silver was also the first (and only) game I managed to kinda complete the Pokedex.
    I got to 250 (including a Mew I traded from someone).
    So, you can say I'm quite attached to my Silver game, only too bad that I lost it... quite some time ago |C

Britney's Circus

Livin' In Sin Is The New Thing
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    Soulsilver is just a quite and mild name and quite makes me relaxed although i first played Gold but Silver must be the one for me.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I'm getting Soul Silver for two reasons:

One, I got Gold the first time around. Two, I have Ho-oh's Pokedex data already (and I'll probably find enough money to get Heart Gold at some other time).

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    I'm just gonna wait for the 3rd game (if they release one) because I don't have enough money to buy both, and if I can't, I always get the third one.

Back