• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    Gonna be trading in platinum and put it towards HeartGold, Im more of a ho-oh fan than lugia so seeing ho-oh over lugia when i turn the game on is pretty much the main reason.

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
  • It honestly doesn't bother me :) but probably Soul Silver as Silver was the first 2nd gen game I played.

craZ pokefan

BEST POKEMON FAN EVER!
    Years
  • Definitely soulsilver! Cuz when i wuz three i had pokemon silver for GBC and ive been addicted to pokemon ever since

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I'd rather get HeartGold because it has the better Pokemon, in my opinion (and it has Mantine, which I was considering on using on my first run-through), and it also has Latias, who I prefer to Latios.

But I'd also like SoulSilver, since I got Silver originally. I know I can get Latias from the Enigma Crystal event... since it's through WiFi, I may consider it.

I don't know. :)

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    XD heartgold cuz my lil bro wnts SoulSilver.I tried to tell him lugia is the higher level in HG than SS cuz he loves Lugia.i got a shiny 1 tht he wants for his diamond...lol anyway its kind of hard to choose otherwise..they're both cool

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    At first, I was thinking of getting SS, but when I went to Gamestop, I decided to buy them both.

Its harder for me to understand why people still by both. I mean when the games originally came out i usually got both because I had more than one gameboy so i was able to trade between the two. With the addition of wi-fi that practice doesnt really make sense to me anymore.

zephern

Finishing up school, hacking
    Years
  • Meh...

Well, I always had the remake of each game first, so I get the best of both worlds (ex. Yellow, Crystal, Platinum), but seeing as how they BOTH have crystal elements, I'll probably get heart gold for it's awesome cutscene. :D

HGFTW

Back