• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
    My first game was crystal so I cant relate to any of these but I am going to get both because... THEY ARE GREAT! Johto is the best region and them making 2 games as remakes is awesome so I am going to preorder both.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I was planning on HG, but since they announced the Preorder figures I think I might get SS. (I like the Lugia figure better)

LilPotts

Hi!
    Years
    Im gonna say soul silver cuz i like lugia better than ho-oh and idk... it just looks better than hg

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    I'm getting HeartGold, which i've already pre-ordered from Amazon uk, i got my order in on time as the price has gone up to £39.99, i'm going to put soul silver on my cyclods so i can trade pokemon across (it will also serve as a storage device if i start a new game on HeartGold)

tobi-ksla

Years
    I'm buying HeartGold NOT because I used to play Gold Version.

I'm buying it because I want to Soft Reset for a flawless IV Lugia and Enigma Crystal Latios, and it's easier to do Soft Reset for them in HeartGold. How is it easier? Because I can easily check their IVs with the help of the Judge at the Battle Frontier. I'd Soft Reset for Ho-oh, but I have this feeling that I won't have access to the Judge and collecting 99 Rare Candies is a hassle.

Why Lugia? Because of its Base Stats.

Why Latios? Because in Emerald Version, Salon Maiden Anabel has one. Yes, my obsession towards this androgynous cutie forces me to wait for the US Enigma Crystal event. Actually, Latios was THE deciding factor in my decision to get HeartGold. Yes, that's how Anabel-obsessed I am.

Last edited:

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    I'm going to get SoulSilver because I prefer Lugia over Ho-oh. I ended up owning Gold when the originals came out but I always preferred Silver when I played my friend's game.

Pavement.

The Black Box Revelation
    Years
    Probably gonna get HeartGold since Gold was the game I played when the 2nd Generation were released. Good times. :)

J a s m i n e ©

Girl Trainer Domination
    Years
    I'm getting HeartGold.
    It sounds more girly...I've choosen Crystal, LeafGreen, & Sapphire for that weird reason.
    And because I love hearts and I look better in gold things (this has nothing to do with Pokemon but those are my reasons)
    =]

Years
    Heartgold, for no reason at all! :D I just went to the site that I was going to order it from and typed in "Pokemon" and Heartgold was the first one that came up, so I thought that'll do.

ThatcherTiedUpFan

Thatcher Tied Up Fan
    Years
    Well, I pre ordered my copy of Pokemon HeartGold and the player's guide at GameStop, so I'm getting HeartGold and the guide next month and SoulSilver is going on my birthday list as April is right after March

FFX383

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I just preordered heart gold because I like Ho-Oh better than lugia and also gold was the first 2nd gen game I played. Also if it's the same as the first pokemon wise it should have arcanine in it. I'm so pumped I can't wait, i look foward to new pokemon games more than any other gaming series!

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    firstly i will be getting soul silver to relive my kid days then in a couple months time ill get heart gold just for the version exclusives.
    i still cant beleive ive only found out about these two remakes less than 2 months ago :O

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    I am going to get Soul Silver when it's out here in the UK, I alredy have Heart Gold in Japanese. Just need Soul Silver for a Squrtle. :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I'm getting HeartGold because I can get a Growlithe in my name in the game. Were it not for that, I'd be getting Soul Silver.

Back