• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So how old are you guys now?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I'm 13 and still play Pokemon. I can't even recall when I first played, I think when I was still 3 I started to watch the anime. When the Pokemon anime is starting to annoy me (in terms of dub in my country), I started to play. My first game was Sapphire. I'm kind of a late starter, but I still play RBY. :p

But the only thing preventing me from keep playing is my parents.. They won't let me buy the game cards and when I asked them to they just keep telling me to get a Flash Card. Like now, I managed to save enough money for HeartGold, but they have a lot of reasons, like "what if it's broken" or "what if it doesn't work" or "you need something else to play it" or this or that.

I hate my life more...

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    I'm 15 and I don't care about it, I already told that I love pokemon to most of the people I know and some of them played also. I just can't hate it >.>

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
    I'm 17, I've been playing and loving Pokemon since I was 5 years old! I was there from the very begining, 1st gen-4th gen. I can't say I've seen all the episodes or anything, but I sure as hell own the games! In fact, I have at least two games for every generation! I truly don't care what people think, I believe in doing what makes you happy. Kids in my school play Pokemon too =) And hey, if some ass is gonna have a problem with it, then why should I care? I don't ever think I'm gonna stop playing Pokemon, and I don't plan to! 5th generation here we come!!!

Years
    I'm 17 and playing since RB. Currently I'm in a less-Pokemon-playing-phase, but in a month or so this might look different again, and the addiction will start again.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I started playing Pokemon around when I was five or six years old by getting the game, Pokemon Crystal Version (That I still have in my room) off my old neighbour who moved away last year. My elder brother got us all addicted really, by passing the game down to my sister, my mother also helping them both out and then my neighbour gave him a helping hand. This eventually led my younger brother to start playing too, because of watching me. We also used to watch the anime dub on the televison together before going to school too, which I used to always get up to watch really early, and if I missed it, I would be so upset. I really don't watch that anymore but now I'm 14 and still playing Pokemon. If anyone says that it's stupid that I'm 14 and still playing Pokemon, stuff them, it's what I want to do and they're not going to tell me what to do. My friends have accepted that, and let me go that way, one of them is a Pokemon player, and one I transformed into a Pokemon player which makes it easier.

Nichola

Secretly Psychic
    Years
    I'm 18. Been playing since I was 8 and my brother sent me Gold from America. Now I'm onto Soul Silver. Its been a good 10 years :)
    My sister doesn't get it, but my boyfriend bought me SS and now wants me to hurry up, trade my legedaries over from Platinum so he can have Platinum. I'm a converter ^-^

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    I'm 18, and I've been playing Pokemon for about 10 years......the first game I remember getting was Silver version...I then got Blue and Crystal afterwards. My mom thinks I should give it up, but it's the only thing I know I'm good at (sadly). I don't think I'll ever stop playing it.....The anime is a different story. I LOVE the old anime, but the new one annoys me. The voice actors are annoying, the episodes are usually the same thing over and over again......I only watch it now when it's related to the plot of the games, an episode of the old anime, or it's a movie. I also just found the manga on Borders website, so I will definitely be getting a couple volumes the next time I go!

Bob2424

Bob is a pokeman trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2010
    Lolz Im 14 and ppl make fun of me kuz I play:Pbut I only told my best friends that I do so my secret is safe lolz:)

kraine

artist
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2011
    I've found a lot of people that play at my college. :D I'm 18.

Nanaboo

left my heart on thedancefloor
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2012
    I'm 15, and I've been playing Pokemon for about ten years now (:

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
    Years
    I'm 14 and have been playing since Fr/Lg. I watched the series for about a year, but Ash and Pikachu are SO ANNOYING. But yeah, still playing. In fact, I just got HeartGold today :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Played since R/B/G, actually stopped about when I was fifteen but I'm still here. No one ever made a mockery of it as I don't tend to play any games publicly anyway.

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    I'm 19 and been into Pokemon since before Red/Blue were released. I remember buying a Pikachu toy not knowing what it was. I mostly just thought it was cool that it talked. I got hooked for good when the games and anime were released and don't foresee quitting the franchise. I haven't faithfully watched the anime in a while or bought the merchandise (outside of the games, of course), but I'm still a big Pokemon fan.

Years
    Im 18 and I got pogeymanz RED the year it came out. I still remember I got the Deluxe Gameboy Kit at costco It had The gameboy color(yellow, I might still have it somewhere, I just moved and dont know if I left it) Pokemon Red, Gamelink, the official guide, and like 4 batteries. I think there was something else but I cant remember.

Back