• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So I just bought Ultra Sun...

Years
  • Hey guys and gals!
    Sooo, I just bought Ultra Sun but I haven't played it yet. That being said, I haven't really played anything past Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. I mean, I have Soul Silver and Alpha Sapphire, but I don't really count those, since they're remakes. I played a little bit of Diamond, but never even got close to finishing it because I got bored way too fast.

Anyways, what I'm asking is, can you guys give me any tips and whatnot on the gameplay and what Pokémon to use?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    I was in a similar boat. The last Pokemon game I played and beat was Alpha Sapphire.

Gameplay-wise, the game is similar to most other Pokemon games with the exception of Poke Pelago, which allows you're stored Pokemon to assist in your quest. There is also Poke-refresh, which will be self-explanatory once you start playing.

As for your team, you gotta get out there and try different Pokemon to see what you like!

I'd recommend a balanced team with one of each of the main types (Grass, Fire, Water, Rock, etc.)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    You can get a Hawlucha in a trade from an NPC very early on that'll be useful to you. A good Steel type is also a good thing to have in this game.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • there i8s no wrong answer just use what you like and try to have diverse types and you will be doing fine

southsage

S T A R M A N
    Years
  • it really depends on the game that you are playing, my dude. no one will be able to give you a good response unless you narrow down what advice you are looking for a little.

that being said, whenever I play a Pokemon game, I catch and train Pokemon in response to the gym leaders/ elite 4 and champion present in the game. By this I mean that I usually catch and train a few
    (usually about two) Pokemon strong against my opponent before I face them.

Or you can just go with the Pokemon you like, which I am sure would work out fine too. The games are not typically very hard.

Back