• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So.. is anyone into harder rock?

Years
  • ^
    Those are soft bands compared to Stratovarius, Sonata Artica, PFM, else.
    Joke, I've just heard about Avenged, but they're still not as hard as these~ >>;

Well, from the above, I like more Stratovarius and Premiata Forneria Marconi. PFM are more progressive, but they still have that hard, heavy anthemic feel on their 8+ minute compositions. =D

I'll crack up if Metallica or Poison are ever mentioned in this thread...

Years
  • Oh please... those are sissies compared to death metal bands like Cannibal Corpse, Grindcore bands, or any progressive death metal bands out there. You got to dig deeper son. The world isn't all mainstream.

True-Parallels

× Orange Orgasmo ×
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    You people are harsh. Yeah, Underoath is okay .. But they're not that hard dearest. Neither are Thrice.

Personally, if you want "hard metal" try out Deathmøle and Morbid Angel. Freakin' right.

I'll crack up if Metallica or Poison are ever mentioned in this thread...

I worship you. I really really do.

And -I- will crack up if someone comes in going on about Slipknot. >.< Seriously.

... Seriously.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • [SIZE="-7"]lolz u meen hard rock lyk nickelback?

Gag me with a spoon...

If you mean stuff like Carcass, Arch Enemy, Cephalic Carnage, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Emperor, Meshuggah, Slayer, and Testament...that stuff's good. ;D

Personally, the thing I like about A7X is the guitars...that's really about it. The other two are just not my type.

Btw. Steven. Stratovarius. <3[/SIZE]

Last edited:
    Years
  • ...And John just entered the building. XD Everyone, if you need someone with a degree on hard rock, blackhaert's the guy.

And you know Stratovarius!

Strato rocks. I like Babylon, and Bloodstone.

Anyone ever heard of Sonata Artica?

Haunted_Angel

Silverbane Forever
    Years
  • I think the band :
    The Black Dahlia Murders
    Could kick any bands **** if you're lookign for hard rock/heavy metal
    I also favour the likes of Coldseed, Apocalyptica, Pantera etc may classify.
    Mind...I'm musically ignorant I was brought up on Enya and Dido, and mostly rock (Rolling stones, RHCP Coldplay (yes they are rock only really too soft >.<) )
    ANd just recently I've found my footing with metal/heavy/death

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    blackhaert, your avatar kicks this board's ass.

and the OP is kind of funny, that isn't really "hard rock" per se, more of 2nd wave emocore.

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    ShortBus Pile Up, Parkway Drive, Elysia, Arsonists Get All the Girls,As For Us, The Warriors. You name it. Mostly hardcore and grind though.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • I listen to a good amount of hard rock. Some of my favorites are Tool (just saw them live two weeks ago), System of a Down, Mudvayne, Taproot, Motograter, Nine Inch Nails, Stratovarius, and many more.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • they're not hard; but I think they're pretty cool anyways. ^^; Avenged Sevenfold is pretty awesome especially :33

offtopic -- DT: *fangirly scream* OMG PANIC! AT THE DISCO. ;____; ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Years
  • Paul said:
    I'm way into hard rock bands like Panic at the Disco.
    ...I really hope you're kidding. XD

I saw Premiata Forneria Marconi live, weeks ago. They were just awesome. Not really violent rock, but really heavy progressive rock. They seldom like calling violins and flutes to action, making it rather light, though... XD

Back