• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So is the daycare center just a pointless thing to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2009
    So just about to obtain my 4th badge and iv been told by so many people thats is pointless to put any pokemon in the daycare center because of you gain no EVS, so then whats the point of it? Is it just for people who don't want to play online or can it be beneficial to those who also do?

Tips on how to use the daycare properly would be great, leveling up all my pokemon the hardway would be extremely tedious, atm i am using EXP. Share.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • They're correct, you get no EV's from leaving your Pokémon in the Daycare Centre. In Generation I it was pretty handy for raising Magikarps and all that jazz, but in Generation II+ it's only purpose really is for breeding. :x

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • You mostly use it for breeding. And if you've already got fully EV'd trained Pokemon you can raise their levels in daycare since they won't be gaining any more EV's anyway...

And in most cases, it's faster to raise levels by battling as opposed to sticking them in the daycare, anyway.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Other than breeding, its pointless. Unless you have low level pokemon your too lazy to train but you want to level them then I guess you could put them in the daycare... but leveling them by training them yourself is a lot faster.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2009
    So, what sort of pokemon can i breed? Sorry, i am really new to this game

URKNightmare

Pallet Town Original
    Years
  • I truly dont find the daycare pointless at all. . .i mean yeah there is the fact that you dont get ev's but if anything that help me out more then anything. . . the problems that i ran into was that when i was tryin to ev train my team sometimes my pokemon weren't strong enough to take out the higher ev pokemon so i would just dump them in the day care coutinue training with another team memeber once he was done come back pick the orginal pokemon and coutinue ev training. . .it truly depends on you game stlye i personally like to breed into i get that perfect pokemon. . .so i always start training around lvl 1. . .like i said it just depends on your style. . .

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
  • So, what sort of pokemon can i breed? Sorry, i am really new to this game

Nearly every Pokemon can breed. Legendaries can't, baby Pokemon like Togepi can't, and a few regular Pokemon can't, like Nidorina and Nidoqueen for some reason, but most can.

-Calumon-

Yanmaster
    Years
  • The Pokemon Daycare can be used to level up your Pokemon after you've EV'd them. You can leave you game on overnight doing the daycare trick.

Years
  • Yeah, it serves little purpose outside of breeding. That said, that makes it far from useless. My best pokemon have come from breeding. Like my UT Magmortar whose Sp. Att is FAR beyond expectations for me. (91 at lv. 30)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back