• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So.. It went BOOM!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I woke up to an overloaded and all but totally crashed server this morning.

Now,this was due to too many connections and Apache (then later MySQL) locked up and failed.
    This kind of issue happens to any web server from time to time, and was easily fixed by a restart or reboot.

Ehh, that makes me sad... At least the problem was easily rectified, however. :P

yeah.. kinda hard to update twitter or anything while asleep :p
    (yeah I do sleep sometimes)

IT WOULD NOT BE NEARLY AS HARD IF YOU DECIDED TO NOT SLEEP AT ALL.

Yeah...

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    It happens all the time here, not just from time to time.

I think it got better than before, PC's server is glitching up right now. Especially with over 10,000 visits each day. (About 700 are always on at a time)

We're going to get it worse when 5th Gen comes out.

firestormx19

i'm never loging in again.
    Years
    I wasnt even worried, i just thought "oh, Pc's down again" XD

same here. i just thought o there doing a update or fixing something on the site. so i just went to bed and thought i could just get on in the morning to check out the site.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I actually thought that they had fixed the updating problems. I can only see up to Page 4 on my thread, even though there are multiple posts on page 5. Is there a fix for this yet?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I blame the economy and George Bush..
    He's my scapegoat ^^

So.. It went BOOM!

Back