• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen So, ive decided to restart my game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Hey guys, Ive thrown a long time into my pokemon Black game, just got to the elite 4, sadly ive decided to restart my game.

Why? My pokemon are weak, I think I made to many mistakes, and the elite 4 kill me.

Sooo few questions about your save, how do you do it? how do you manage to maintain 6 pokemon around the same level, seems really hard for me in this game. Do you have a mix of pokemon? And when do you catch ur 2nd pokemon?

Cheers peeps :)

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I take the time and train really hard. Rushing through the game is boring and you end up with bad Pokemon. Take time to find good natures, keep overleveled, and plan out a team before you start. I did that with my signature. It helps! And your second Pokemon will be decided already just make sure you know where you can get each member first.

Good luck!

Years
    Up until the D/P/Pt generation, I had one or two overpowered Pokemon and a lot other "fill-ins." Honestly, the only game where I have really had a balanced party by the Elite Four is actually Black. In the old games, the Pokemon you capture are really weak. In B/W, the Pokemon are relatively close to the level they should be. Since the Pokemon are a good level, training them is a lot easier. Fight Pokemon in the grass until they gain a few levels, and then fight trainers. It's also nice that the Lucky Egg is easily obtainable. Use it to your advantage! Make sure your party is balanced, especially with attacks. I had an attack that was good against every type of Pokemon. Use TMs to your advantage. You may have to grind, but getting a well-balanced party isn't that hard. Make sure you give every Pokemon equal amount of love, and teach them a variety of moves. Make sure they have at least 3 different types of attacks learned. If you have a fire type, make sure it doesn't only know fire type moves. That's all I got for you. Hope it helps. :)

blue

gucci
    Years
    That's the exact reason why I restarted, all my Pokémon were.. equalish levels but underleveled at like 44-47 when E4 are 48-50, I've been wondering but then if you think about it, you can just train on wild Pokémon, Audinos and trainers you miss out, there's lots of optional trainer battles such as in the Office towers in Castelia City and the Dome in Nimbasa city ect.

Last edited:

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Well, I got my second Pokèmon on Route 1, a Lillipup, which I stored when I was about to take on the final Gym (a Lv. 46 Stoutland), replaced by a GTS traded Oshawott.
    And, I did any fight in-game, also the optional ones, so I got my team up to 48-49 at Pokèmon League. In particular, Oshawott did his work very well: I started training him with the Opelucid Gym, when I was about to face Drayden, he was a Lv. 40 Samurott, with the rest of the team being at Lv. 45, and I always used Lucky Egg, so that's really it.
    I think the game provides the use of Lucky Egg everytime to get well trained for your final chellenge.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    yeah, i just set a level for where i want my pokemon at and train them one at a time up to that level.
    eventually though i gave up on that, and towards the elite 4 i had an overpowered krookodile at 56 and a team of 45-48. just keep up with the constant training and you'll be fine

Years
    I had the same problem. I think I rushed through the game and the Elite 4 killed me multiple times. It was irritating. LOL I ended up catching some different pokemon and training them up on Victory Road right by the doctor so I could easily heal. It took me a while to train them but I finally beat the Elite 4.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
    I wouldn't really restart my game but It takes time to make your pokemon strong and when I am too weak to fight the elite four I just fight because it is also like training against high level and if you lose I keep trying, my second pokemon I got was blitz and it was quite good as an attacker, I method of keeping pokemon at the same level is when my pokemon is level 15 or something I train my other pokemon to be at that level, It's not that hard for me, My mixture of pokemon is like have one fire, one water, and etc. I get pokemon that have different type as a same because if you choose pokemon that look cool looking, It wouldn't really help you and That mistake always happen to everyone when they are low leveled, I finished the game easily It wasn't that hard for me. Hope my help helped you.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    xD I can manage 40 pokemon in my pc to be the same level, I simply grind in locations that have pokemon that give lots of exp. and battle trainers with pokemon that are 5 to 20 levels higher than mine as in BW they give you more exp. if the opponent's pokemon are a higher level than yours ^_^

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Don't skip trainers. Take advantage of every optional trainer battle. Keep Pokemon with different types, and don't try to power your way through, strategize and pick the one with the best match for the Pokemon you're fighting. If you think enough about which Pokemon you should use logically in your party, you'll in general get an even spread of exp. I did a bit of grinding (<5 levels) before the first Elite Four, and an epic amount of grinding still hasn't gotten me high enough for the second Elite Four, but I'm getting there.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This seems to be an advice thread to the user rather than a discussion thread, based upon the replies. We've also got a thread on gaining good experience early on, as well as a thread on the second Pokemon you got and actually kept as well as the first Pokemon you caught. We've also got various threads covering teams.

Aaaand, if you need any help on ev training your team early on to help with the e4 later, check our the ev training guide from our FAQ. Disappointing anyway you'd restart and lose all your progress, it's never too late to find a wild Pokemon, or breed one, then ev train it and let it beat the elite four, oh well.

If you have anymore questions, ask in quick questions!

So, ive decided to restart my game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back