• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
  • You just know people will be loving Delphox and Chesnaut in about 2 or 3 days from now.

It was less than a week ago when Greninja was a travesty and now it's the best thing since sliced bread.

I don't really think so. Some things about Greninja people still don't like, but him and delphox are alright. What is Chesnaut though? How does that fit in the Pokemon universe at all?

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
    I couldn't...resist...
    It...what...is that?
    ...I have mixed feelings about Chesnaught. I know Pokémon are supposed to change with evolution, but Chesnaught looks nothing like Chespin or Quilladin. At all. Umm, I'll still give Chespin a chance, though. Spiky Shield sounds like a good move. Its speed stat is actually better than what I expected.

When did they leak Helioptile's evo? Anyway, that one doesn't look bad, but I'll miss the floppy ears.

Diggersby is horrible. I was expecting something more bunny-like. That's too weird.

...I hate to say it, but some evolutions went downhill...Or at least that's my opinion. (Don't kill me pls)

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • ^ Forever and always in my book, too.

Helio's new evo is alright. I kind of like it. Not a fan of the triangular pattern on its knees and other parts of it though/picky

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Opinions will surely improve when we see the starters in motion. Also the Sugi art and fan art will do wonders.

For those who watch the anime that will also be a factor.

Lastly I think pokemon amie might help too. My opinion of Greninja rose a bit when I saw it's pokemon amie picture.

Unless you hate them with an absolutely burning passion, they'll likely grow on you. Heck Emboar grew on me somewhat after I picked him for white 2 in a moment of madness.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • It seems Gen III still wins the best design Pokémon in my book...so much for expecting this one to pass it though.

The Pokemon looked promising at first! But out of the ones we're shown...they don't impress me and it just continued to go downhill. I think this is my least favourite Generation. Gen 5 right behind it.

I don't even know if I could make a team out of this. xD

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • The more I look at them, the more they grow on me. I've been obsessed with witches/mages lately so Delphox wasn't a big hit. Greninja threw me off with the tongue and disappearance of his bubbles but after seeing 'em in poke amie, it's alright. Chesnaught too, something about it is 'cute'.

Either way, they all go together well.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    I don't know why everyone is acting like this will be the worst gen because of these few designs we have gotten. Don't forget we have also gotten some pretty great looking pokemon. The fossils, the littleo line, sylveon, swirlix and spritzee, and many others. Not to mention, There are still SO MANY left to be revealed. Based on what I've seen so far, this gen is already better than unova in terms of design. But, with that said... The starters are awful. I loved Braixen's wand idea, and they trashed it for some over-sized weird looking mage fox. I HATED Greninja at first but I've sort of warmed up to it now... It's the best of the three I suppose. But Chesnaught... It is simply loathsome. The chespin line are perhaps the worst of all time. It looks like a mirelurk from the fallout games. However, I am not discouraged at all. X and Y still look like amazing games, and we are getting a lot of old favorites early like Bagon and the kanto starters. Though I must admit, IF all of these starters are real, for the first time, I will not use my starter throughout the main quest. I will trap it for eternity in the pc in exchange for a Torchic or Kanto Starter.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    As someone who joined a while back, It's fun to come back every new gen and see peoples opinions. It's like nothing ever changes, really. People always hate the starters and the other pokemon, but they always change their minds within the week. I know I do. I think the starters are pretty great!
    Wizard fox, Juggernut, and Ninja Frog? Yes please

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • As someone who joined a while back, It's fun to come back every new gen and see peoples opinions. It's like nothing ever changes, really. People always hate the starters and the other pokemon, but they always change their minds within the week. I know I do. I think the starters are pretty great!
    Wizard fox, Juggernut, and Ninja Frog? Yes please
    Ikr. I even remember some disliked Empoleon...
    I'm sure I'll get used to Helioptile's evolution...which is my least favorite of the ones shown thus far...ahh I should really stop myself from spoiling the game...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Over at the neogaf thread there's a steady stream of "chesnaut's growing on me"'s coming already.

Like clockwork.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I don't know why everyone is acting like this will be the worst gen because of these few designs we have gotten. Don't forget we have also gotten some pretty great looking pokemon. The fossils, the littleo line, sylveon, swirlix and spritzee, and many others. Not to mention, There are still SO MANY left to be revealed. Based on what I've seen so far, this gen is already better than unova in terms of design. But, with that said... The starters are awful. I loved Braixen's wand idea, and they trashed it for some over-sized weird looking mage fox. I HATED Greninja at first but I've sort of warmed up to it now... It's the best of the three I suppose. But Chesnaught... It is simply loathsome. The chespin line are perhaps the worst of all time. It looks like a mirelurk from the fallout games. However, I am not discouraged at all. X and Y still look like amazing games, and we are getting a lot of old favorites early like Bagon and the kanto starters. Though I must admit, IF all of these starters are real, for the first time, I will not use my starter throughout the main quest. I will trap it for eternity in the pc in exchange for a Torchic or Kanto Starter.

Look up "Ruined Forever" on TVTropes and see how many Pokemon references are in there. That sums up fan reactions every generation we get. This really wasn't an unexpected turn of events. I'm waiting for the real storm to hit so we can be done with it and move on.

Sirfetch’d

I am really loving Chesnaught, haha. I can understand though the distaste for it because a lot of people maybe expected cute Chespin and Quilladin to have an adorable final evo, but I am happy with the unexpected badass one that we got!

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • God, I wish I had been lurking in this thread all night instead of watching Buffy.

Catching up on the 16 pages since I left off has been tiring but now the hype train's running at full speed and I would literally kill another human being for my pre-ordered copy of X.

Sirfetch’d

God, I wish I had been lurking in this thread all night instead of watching Buffy.

Catching up on the 16 pages since I left off has been tiring but now the hype train's running at full speed and I would literally kill another human being for my pre-ordered copy of X.

I feel the same way about getting my game, haha. I wasn't going to look at this thread at all, but once I heard that Chespin's final evo had been posted I really had no choice. I could not resist checking it out and now I can't stop spoiling myself D;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back