• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So my mom just sent me pokemon platimun from japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • my mom is in japan right now. i just got today in the mail pokemon platinum. so im playing it and im currently in the torn world. its all in japanesse. so ya if i were to sell the game in game stop ho wmuch would i get for it or could i not even sell it

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    You probably wouldn't get anything. The only way to sell it would to be send it back to your mom and she would sell it back in Japan. Why would you even sell anyway? Platinum is an awesome game. I haven't seen any Japanese games in Gamestop before.

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    You could just visit one of your local game stop stores, or even call.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • You probably wouldn't get anything. The only way to sell it would to be send it back to your mom and she would sell it back in Japan. Why would you even sell anyway? Platinum is an awesome game. I haven't seen any Japanese games in Gamestop before.

Yeah. They probably will not take it since it was imported from Japan.
    I'm positive that they only take English games (Unless you live in another country).

Not to be rude, but your avatar and signature make my eyes hurt.
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]You're also lucky you have a parent in Japan to send you that stuff O_O *wishes his dad traveled more*[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    Heh, my dad travels around the world (but not lately) for work purposes...
    But I'm pretty sure he's never been to Japan. The closest country to Japan
    that he's been to was Singapore. He had got me a Wii game from there for me.

mrpwnageisme

I am teh smexyest
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 26, 2008
    I have platinum =p it's not d/p it's better with new graphics and everyones got a new look! i just beat it!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • its not rly that great its just D/P

...Platinum has undergone more changes than any other 3rd addition to a series in my opinion, and even has new Pokemon.

Why you would say something like that is beyond me.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im playing platinum right now too, aswell as Digimon Dusk and Grid.

But Im quite sure you can only sell english and french games in America at Gamestop because I sold French before and they knew it was french.

Years
  • ok reason i would sell it is cuz u see i rly dont play my ds much anymore and (true platinum is kick ass) idk anyone in RL who likes pokemon or even likes to play a ds thats why i wanted to know if i could sell it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    lol..

thats why i got an R4 XP, it pwns you, having to go all way to japan(well, get your mom to send it) to get it, i can just download it..
    Plus, Hazabara, isnt digimon dusk release like.. A LONG LONG time ago?

Years
  • ok reason i would sell it is cuz u see i rly dont play my ds much anymore and (true platinum is kick ass) idk anyone in RL who likes pokemon or even likes to play a ds thats why i wanted to know if i could sell it.

You can feel free to send it to me, i'll be happy to have a copy of platinum

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    If you really don't want it, just throw it in the microwave. Don't forget to film it, for the good of the internet.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    thats why i got an R4 XP, it pwns you, having to go all way to japan(well, get your mom to send it) to get it, i can just download it..
    Plus, Hazabara, isnt digimon dusk release like.. A LONG LONG time ago?

Yeah but I could never find it here so I just started playing it Friday because thats when I got a preloaded SD card from the R4DS people. Is it really that old?

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • lol seems like everyone is against you here...
    anyways you might as well finish it and then see wat u think, otherwise just sell it on ebay (but remember to reset it)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    D8

You have Platinum and you want to sell it?!

I'd totally keep it, if I were you.. not everyone gets lucky enough to own a Japanese copy of a Pokemon game.
    Sure it might be slightly easier to play in english, but a lot of people are playing through Platinum just fine even if they
    can't read Japanese. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back