• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen So my Silver Version's battery just died :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Glad to hear it! Silver is a great game, and I'm glad it got fixed so you didnt have to replace your childhood present :)

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    I'm pretty sure I read a tutorial somewhere about this. My Gold and Silver have died but my Crystal is running strong. It doesn't seem to be too difficult unscrewing it and all.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    So Good news all, I got my game back and it is in full working condition! I ended up finding someone reputable online with expierence in fixing dry gbc batterys and he did a good job replaceing it.

Thanks for everyones help and opinions, I really appreciate it.
    Congratulations on successfully repairing it. :D Years ago same happened with my Gold version... it's sad when this happens without backing your save file. :(

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
    Get it repaired!! I did with my Gold cartridge a year and a bit ago and it's still going strong now - don't tend to play on it all too often but when I do...wow...feel just like I did when I was 9 and played it on my GBA under my duvet when my Mum had turned out my bedroom lights ^_^ ...totally don't still do that now though...honest...-_-

--- HA there's me getting all excited and throwing my advice out there when problem has already been solved. But yeah, great news! :D

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    I can emulate GBC games on my DS, so no internal battery issue for me. Since it's still on a console, I think I still have 97% of the gaming experience. :D I don't see anything wrong with using emulators to be rid of never having to replace another internal battery.

I do. I was playing Crystal on the lameboy emulator on my R4, and I saved one time, loaded it (or tried to) later, and lo and behold! The Two-Option Menu from Hell!

So, really, it doesn't accomplish much.

Xperious

Ty Will kill you!
    Years
    What kind of watch battery does the game use? Is it just like changing the battery in a watch? If you had a friend or family member that worked there, you could try taking it to a local hardware or jewelry store. I also don't know how much the batteries cost or if they are typically stocked :/

Yup it's just like changing a battery in a watch.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    I do. I was playing Crystal on the lameboy emulator on my R4, and I saved one time, loaded it (or tried to) later, and lo and behold! The Two-Option Menu from Hell!

Bolded your issue. R4 is a great card yes, but.. Its obselete. Sure, the cards are reliable but it still doesn\t change the fact that its obselete. Then again, the R4 has a lot of fakes, some of which are not reliable at all. So yah, might be because your using a fake R4.

Anyway, I had all 3 versions die on me. I replaced the batteries in Silver and Crystal but... I kinda... accidentlydestroyedgold.

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
    Years
    So Good news all, I got my game back and it is in full working condition! I ended up finding someone reputable online with expierence in fixing dry gbc batterys and he did a good job replaceing it.

Thanks for everyones help and opinions, I really appreciate it.

That's great, but can you clarify, did you get your original save file back? Also can you send a link or email address to help others in need of the same sort of battery service :-(

Last edited:

Pingouin_7

You did it wrong.
    You are supposed to fire up the menu, then press the Exit button.
    You gotta remember to do this once you're done playing or you'll lose your progress each time.

(And FYI, the X button, by default, saves as if you used the Exit option.)

Bolded your issue. R4 is a great card yes, but.. Its obselete.
    R4 is not that obsolete at all.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    Actually, I repaired my crystal and my silver by myself. It's really easy, I just YouTubed it and it showed me how to do it. Turns out, all the old gbc games use the same batteries as the Tamgotchis. I had just bought new batteries for my Tamas the other day, but used the batteries towards my Pokemon games when I found out they used the same batteries. Purrrtty neat!

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
    Years

Did you intentionally change the name from Visualboy emulator to lameboy emulator or is that an actual emulator name? Also did you change the save options to flash 128k cause otherwise you have to use a save state to save your game because the game only saves using 128k flash saves.

Years
    My Gold and Silver both died a couple of years ago. Silver was my main so it died quicker because of that I assume.

I was NOT happy. I had a bunch of legit Mews and Celebis cloned. Mew AND Celebi. Owning both was MAJOR back in those days.

God dammit. >< My brother had Yellow, so I'd managed to fill up the Pokedex too. Playing until Mt. Moon, getting the dome fossil, restarting, getting the Helix fossil...

God damn, I miss it. Nintendo REALLY needed a device to convert G/S Pokemon into R/S versions.

ALL THAT TRAINING AND BREEDING AND...oh well. It was a fun childhood.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
    Years
    Man that really sucks. Luckily, my Gold and Crystal havent died yet. My silver version was given to me from a friend and the battery was dead. I fixed it. I know it's a little off topic, but I had lost my Ruby version for like a year and when I found it a few weeks ago my internal battery was dead. My Yellow version is about ready to go... kinda sad. It has a hard time holding onto a save, let alone even running a save file. REcently I decided to play through it from the beginning on my gameboy pocket. (I searched for a correct AC adaptor for the longest time!) I played until I had beaten silph co. I saved, then the next day I got THE SAVE FILE HAS BEEN CORRUPTED! It was in my gameboy, I never dropped it or anything. Now I'm trying to play through it again, I try to keep it as safe as possible to prevent any problems. I really hope my Yellow version doesn't die on me...

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    It never happened to me though, and I wish it wouldn't! D:

Back