• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So, my Stunfisk thoughts...

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2013
    There's this Pokemon named Stunfisk; laughed at by some (in design) and never used by most (in battle). I have a simple request, that request is for the forgotten Ground/Electric typed Stunfisk to be the Magikarp that it should be... We need an evolution here, this Pokemon should be recognized and remembered. I want an appropriate evolutionary design for Stunfisk including a presence to be feared by trainers. In short; hoping GameFreak allows this little seashore Pokemon to evolve into something fearsome and special.

I'm seeking thoughts on this matter, but mostly a thought provoking discussion on Pokemon in need of evolution. I want to hear what everyone thinks of Stunfisk and whether it should be given an evolution. Also, are there any Pokemon that come to mind for which you feel deserve an evolution (possibly one that has been laughed at for too long)?

srinator

you know even though people may laugh at it , its not fair to compare it with magikarp since its stats are still good enough (that hp ) anyway it would be nice to see it get an evolution, i guess we will have to wait for X and Y to hit the shelves :)

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    The same could be said about dunsparce, honestly in don't know why game freak didn't give them evolutions, but it would be nice to see in future games, instead of giving pokemon that don't really need evolutions the ability to evolve, I.e poliwrath.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Stunfisk, Dunsparce and Girafarig.

I personally don't like Stunfisk much at all :( mostly for its design, because it's typing is cool and I liked Cilan's in the anime. It's one of those pokémon I'll have to try and RP with at some point to really learn to appreciate it, I guess haha.

I really do hope that they include some more evolutions in gen VI! Not to the point that gen IV made though... half that pokédex consists of extra evos/prevos, doesn't it? Then again, these days we already have so many original pokémon so maybe more evos/prevos are exactly what's needed. I would like Absol and Tropius to get prevolutions ;)

Back