• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So, what would really happen if...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    If there were really Pokemon but we had no power to posses them, then Germany would probably say "We are pure descendants of the Pokemon!". Hitler would incarnate, WWIII would begin...

Atlantis would pop back out of nowhere and drown everything except Mexico as Mother Earth has had it with the nuclear wastes in the war.

The end. Tacos and Coffee is the new breakfast.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    If there were really Pokemon but we had no power to posses them, then Germany would probably say "We are pure descendants of the Pokemon!". Hitler would incarnate, WWIII would begin...

That was really stupid you know...

We don't have the technical knowledge for balls and stuff...contolling them would be more difficult

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    So, what would really happen if Pokemon were real? Let's face it; we would not have access to Poke balls and stuff like that. So, seriously? Wouldn't this world be a horrible place? You would never be safe! If you want, list some possible terrors that could happen to you if pokemon was a reality. Here's a few...
    I really think that it would be similar to the Pokemon world that's depicted in the shows. If Pokemon itself was real, then all aspects of the Pokemon world would be real too.

You're walking down the street all nice and happy. All of a sudden, a Garchomp pops out of the ground, bites your leg and pulls you underground where you are gnawed to death by Gible.
    Last time I checked, Garchomp and most other Pokemon have their own natural habitats. Unless you live in a desert / cave, then I'm pretty sure this incident won't happen.

You're getting on a plane to go see your Grandma in Florida. You get up to maximum height and, all of a sudden, Rayquaza comes out of nowhere and destroys the plane.
    I didn't know that planes fly in the Ozone layer.

You're sitting outside and enjoying nature. You see a cute little Pachirisu that walks up to you. It smiles and you fall in love with it... until it hits you with a HYPER BEAM BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pachirisu doesn't learn Hyper Beam. And do Pachirisu pop out of nowhere and zap people in the anime? Besides, you'd have pokemon of your own. Electrocution, apparently, isn't as strong in the anime as real life. o_____o

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    I really think that it would be similar to the Pokemon world that's depicted in the shows. If Pokemon itself was real, then all aspects of the Pokemon world would be real too.

Yeah... right. A world without real violence where everybody liked each other and kids could leave there homes safely and intelligently at age 10...

Last time I checked, Garchomp and most other Pokemon have their own natural habitats. Unless you live in a desert / cave, then I'm pretty sure this incident won't happen.

I live in Wisconsin. Last time I checked, you catch Gible in a cave in Sinnoh. Sinnoh is north (around where Wisconsin and Canada would be). So, it would be a very real danger for me.

I didn't know that planes fly in the Ozone layer.

They don't, but Rayquaza has a very big bubble for personal space.

Pachirisu doesn't learn Hyper Beam. And do Pachirisu pop out of nowhere and zap people in the anime? Besides, you'd have pokemon of your own. Electrocution, apparently, isn't as strong in the anime as real life. o_____o

So maybe Pachirisu doesn't learn Hyper Beam. Still, if squirrels are as afraid as they are in the real world. There would be only one way for Pachirisu to express his freight... It would not end well for the person who scared it.

We've seen int he anime a lot of wild pokemon are friendly to humans, and will even defend them.

That's a childrens show... Do you really think that if you go up to a Gyarados and start petting it, it's going to happily enjoy the petting. No, it's going to Hyper Beam you... and you will die. Fact is, if Pokemon were real, they would not be partial to humans. Besides, it really wouldn't matter because if Mewtwo were real. He'd simply kill us all.

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    If Pokemon existed in reality then the government would probably attempt to destroy them. If not then we'd probably attempt to posses their power for our own, resulting in a deep hatred for humans within the hearts of Pokemon. Either we'd kill them, or they'd kill us. Or the rapture occurs. Which ever happens first.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I think being the humans we are, we'd somehow find a way to tame them. Then it'd be just like the games lol

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    You'd find me in a quiet place with nothing more than food, warmth and eight of the cutest Pokemon in 'existence'. Regardless of how hectic the world would be with Pokemon in it, if I could befriend an Eevee and one of each of its evolutions, I wouldn't care. XD I'd live in a place as far away from the dangerous Pokemon as possible.

----------
    But really, it would be very difficult to place something depicted in a children's cartoon into a real life event. The one thing I can agree with, though, is that Government agencies would definitely try to either take Pokemon for their own, and use them as tools of war against their enemies...

"HA! We've got a Gyarados! Your Charizard is NO MATCH!"

Where there are positives, there are also negatives... and when you consider how bent and warped our world is... the more ridiculous an inclusion of Pokemon would sound. (not to mention the ridiculous instances of a Pokemon's habitat or eating habits, such as eating entire mountains, etc.)

In closing, sure... Pokemon would realisticly probably mean the end of the world, but it doesn't mean people can't think about it and add their own (positive) thoughts to it. My personal opinion on the idea is it'd be cool... dangerous, but cool... but the better thought would be "What would you do if you found yourself in the world of Pokemon?", rather than "What would our world be like with Pokemon?" Because threads about the latter yield pretty much the same old answers, over and over.

This wall of text was made especially for Oni Raichu/Rekhyt, who was starting to miss my walls of pink text. ^^

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    If Pokemon Were Real...

If Pokemon were real... They would look something like this:
    Spoiler:

Anyway... If Pokemon were real, I think they would behave just as any animal in our world would behave.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    More things:
    -One day, you're strolling around a park then a Beedrill comes out of a tree, you run but it's too fast and it uses Fury Swipes on you.
    -You think a Raticate is a pet hamster so you keep it. It doesn't like being in a cage. Since it's a pokemon, it breaks out and kills you to get revenge for keeping it in a cage :P

~F e n i x ♠

Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
    Gengar would come in the middle of the night and kill our families. think about it, ghost, cant be hurt with physical attacks, he would be unstoppable! >: )

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    Why wouldnt poke balls be real?

As it is, I dont think any1 has tried to make them

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    This is a fun lil thread, let me vouch in! :D
    I guess that chaos and havoc would break loose once people realise the strange creatures appearing from the wild, some people would have NEVER seen Pokemon (or seen the show) so they would be confused... until they realise the advantages of keeping a powerful Pokemon as a pet. Keep it in mind, would the real wild Pokemon still have semblance of intelligence, or have basic animal-instincts of our creatures? I can imagine a Gyrados appearing in New York from the 'sewers'. Criminals would use Pokemon as terrorism targets, and some Psychic Pokemon would use their intelligence on potential citizens of the world. Legendaries/Draniti and Castforms would be occassionally knocking the entire world's weather off-balance, flocks of Bird Pokemon would knock aeroplanes out of the sky, causing more air crashes. Electric Pokemon could cause Power outages in cities and static electricity crackling through air, fire Pokemon would set ablaze bushes... A wonderful life?

I just have a question though: some of the Johto and Emerald Pokemon can breed, what would happen if they bred with real-life counterparts... eg. Male Vulpix bred with Vixens (female foxes) Pikachu x mouse and rats... Or male Tauros x cow, Jigglypuff x rabbits... Dranti x Snakes. Then we'll have hybrid Animons everywhere!!! AUUGGH! ... and don't get me started on Ditto... *shivers*

Shardwire

I eated your cookie.
    Years
    My teacher's face would scare them all away anyway. ;_;

I'd find a little Togepi to use Metronome, make it use Hyper Beam, and destroy all the newbs out there.

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    People would use them in the most horrible ways. Terrorism, robberies, ect.
    yes but the police would use pokemon to stop terrorism robberries .ect
    anyway all would be in chaos for decades until eventually the chaos would have to stop eventually and we would learn to live with them
    and
    Game freak and Nintendo would be the new world kings for haveing the most knowledge of pokemon
    Imagine that a world of pokemon were game freak and nintendo rule and pokemon roam the streets!!!

Last edited:
    Back