• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So which is better... PMD or Pkmn Ranger?

Pokemon Ranger... or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon?

• Pokemon Ranger

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Votes: 73 63.5%
  • I don't care- they both suck.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I can't pick one... they are both so good!

Votes: 13 11.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • I don't really play both much, but I preferred the Mystery Dungeon games, the Ranger games were not that interesting.

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
  • I really enjoy playing the Ranger games over the Mystery Dungeon games. For me, playing Pokemon Ranger is a better gaming experience because the concept is simple, the story is intriguing, and it is even relaxing. Though Mystery Dungeon is also excellent, I find it rather complicated and confusing at times.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    Well it's really hard for me to choose, and I know a lot of people really liked PMD over Pokemon Ranger since it had moves instead of the assists of the pokemon. I liked Ranger just because it had a good story line, but I liked PMD too since its story line was equally epic. I'm not sure which one I like more but PMD never linked to the main games like Ranger did with the Manaphy Egg thing.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    When voting for PMD, you can count it as a vote on PMD2, right?

PMD2 was surprisingly good. I haven't even reached the end yet but OMG story.

Ranger didn't keep me interested for more than a few minutes, so.

Stop Messing Up My Files Porygon-Z!

The shadow of Mismagius
    Years
  • The original Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is better than the original Pokémon Ranger. That I am sure of.

However, their sequels improved a great deal on their respective series, and I can't really compare the two. Mystery Dungeon 2 (specifically Sky) is much more long-lasting, but the Ranger series relies on the player's physical prowess and your hand not getting tired of holding the stylus.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Ranger 1 sucks ....
    Ranger Almia totally rocks

Both PMD ROCKK !!!

Event tough I clocked 45 Hours on Ranger SoA in 2 weeks , and 38 hrs on EoT in 1 month , PMD is still better . It has every Pokemon and is always different . In SoA there is pretty uch to do after the storyline (Ranger Net , Regigigas , BrowserCompletion, Darkrai Rematch , 60 Quests...) but PMD is still better and annoys me more which I love since it is challenging !

ssj5goku5

Heard you like dem MUDKIPS!!!
    Years
  • I like the mystery dungeon series better because there is just more to offer from it and i love being able to play as a shinx.

PhantomDraco

Take what you can...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2010
    Personally, I like Ranger better, for the same reasons that others don't. I think it provides sort of a respite from the monotonous leveling up in the main series, (which I love), which is nice sometimes. Also, the gameplay is simple and addicting. That's my opinion anyways.

Years
  • Seconding PhantomDraco. I love Pokemon Ranger (and SoA) for their simplicity, really. And I love the graphics. :) I've played PMD Red Rescue Team and found it fun as well, but it can be a little repetitive.

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
    Years
  • I like the original Ranger best, but I think SoA kinda spoiled it...
    PMD2 is epic win; my friend doesn't like the gameplay, but I feel it involves strategy bordering on competitive battling (especially ****ing Zero Isle South)
    I don't know - I guess I'll fence-sit here.

Years
  • I don't care-they both suck 3:

I actually would like MD more if they had more diverse starters. Do I have to be a starter Pokemon? From what I hear, Explorers of Sky fixed that it, but I already bought Darkness. And I do have AR now anyways...

Last edited:

kilaa1000

Pokemon Collector
    Years
  • Both the games are good
    Mystery Dungeon has a very deep story line, but is kinda easy to win. And well sometimes walk 100 floors to reach the end can be boring, I know the food thing is ment to keep this hard, but its really doesnt make it harder or easier:P and its good to actually be a pokemon for a change.
    Pokemon Ranger is more about skills rather then then OPing the others but kinda short game sad enough. I guess some people think this is boring cause its drawing circles most of the time. But since the pokemon moves and use different moves its different each capture, but Mystery Dungeon has way less variety in that since the pokemons there are kinda predictable with moves theyre gonna use.

So I say theyre both worth trying.

Last edited:
    Back