• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Softreseting for Shiny Torchic

SkittyScatty

SkittyScatty
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2015
    Happy almost birthday! Soft resetting can vary greatly so there really is no telling how long it would take. I have heard of people getting it on their first 10 tries and others taking months!! There really is no way to be able to even make a guess how long it will take you. Good luck with getting your shiny!!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I have a friend who tried for a few weeks, and then gave up, buuut to be fair, he only tried a few times per day. As opposed to sitting there and literally trying for a chunk of time maybe while you do other things.

Maybe sit there and keep trying while you're eating food, or on the comp, etc. lol

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
    I would try to get trough the game and getting a foreign ditto to breed with. With soft resseting your chances are about 1/4096 of getting any shiny pokemon. Using the shiny charm and matsuda method(Using a native and foreign pokémon to breed) drops this to 1/512. Only using the shiny charm your chance is 1/1365 and only using the matsuda method your chanse is 1/683. To get the shiny charm you need to complete the whole national dex so getting a foreign pokemon to breed and mainly ditto is the best way to do get one.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I've heard people saying from hundreds to thousands, everything is really luck based. So best of luck with soft-resetting, remember patience is virtue. ^^

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    Well, softreseting for a shiny can take a long time or not! It's all about luck! So, if you really want a shiny Torchic don't give up! Good Luck~ Hope you get it ~

Reactions: Sun
    Back