• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2010
    Thanks

Status Update!
    Beat the first Gym with no problem, but it turns out that my pokemon Gold is kinda screwed so it can't save games. I'm downloading an emulator now :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2010
    Ah ok, that's good. This is gonna be my update thread too.

So far I have got 2 badges, Quilava is lvl 24.

Now got 3rd badge, and Quilava has evolved into Typhlosion, now 36.

I now have all but 1 badge! Typhlosion is lvl 50

Ready to challenge the Elite Four with my lvl 61 Typhlosion!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I'll do

:t060: -> :t061: -> :t062: (If I can hack the game so it's holding a water stone that would be great, it's so hard finding the stones in GSC)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Ut oh, I just remembered that I made the gym leaders 10 times harder awhile ago (Faukner has a lvl 16 Fearow and a Lvl 18 Pidgeotto)... Time to grind

Jez that was easier than I thought with Hypnosis + Water Gun. I was shocked that I outsped both the Fearow and Pidgeotto

Forgot to show starting pic

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2010
    Does anyone know the best Pokemon to use as HM slaves? ATM I have:
    Typholsion (My main) - Strength
    Togepi - Flash, Headbutt, Rock Smash
    Paras - Cut
    Poliwag - Surf

I just got Fly, and none of my Pokemon can learn it.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • when you get to Red Gyarados, use it, becuase it can learn most of the HMs (everything but Cut and Fly if I'm not mistaken). You don't need any of the HMs that Togepi knows, (Headbutt and Rock Smash aren't needed, and they're not HMs) so you can really just replace Togepi with any Flying type.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2010
    when you get to Red Gyarados, use it, becuase it can learn most of the HMs (everything but Cut and Fly if I'm not mistaken). You don't need any of the HMs that Togepi knows, (Headbutt and Rock Smash aren't needed, and they're not HMs) so you can really just replace Togepi with any Flying type.

*groan* I just killed Red Gyarados, thinking I wouldn't need it! Ah well, can normal Gyrados learn the HMs? If not, am I allowed three HM slaves?

Oh, and I have noticed that most other people have pictures of their progress. Is this required?

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Yeah, any Gyarados can learn the HMs, I just mentioned Red Gyarados because he's an event Pokemon.

You are not required to post pictures. A lot of people choose to do that because they don't want to update with text, but its not required. For instance, some people actually use the real game, and taking screenshots is a lot harder to do.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Wow, I'm going to have to seriously grind. I just remembered that I put all of Red's pokemon in the 90's

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'll do it with Sneasel (which surprisingly hasn't been done yet, despite being in the logo) on Crystal.

RedBattler

Dexholder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Ok! I'm going to give this challenge a go:

Name: RedBattler
    Solo Pokemon: Pichu>Pikachu
    Game: Crystal

Wish me luck ^_^

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Have you done the Radio Tower sidequest? You have to have all 7 badges and have completed the Radio Tower for her to come out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back