• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Update #1:

I caught A sentret and started training. I beat Falkner. Sentret evolved.

Furret lvl 15
    Tackle
    Defence Curl
    Quick Attack

Last edited:

RedBattler

Dexholder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Update #1 :)

Pokemon: Pichu lv. 14
    Thundershock
    Charm
    Thunder wave
    Sweet kiss (paraconfuse ftw! XD)

-Obtained Pichu:
    pichuintro.png

-Visited Mr. Pokemon (lots of training in between)
    -Successfully defeated Rival (Chikorita). Easy battle thanks to charm:
    Spoiler:

-Arrive at Violet City, train at Sprout Tower, receive hm05 flash from sage li
    -Defeat Falkner!

Spoiler:

-Off to Azalea!

Last edited:

RedBattler

Dexholder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Update #2

Pikachu lv. 19
    thunder shock
    mud slap
    sweet kiss
    thunder wave
    pikachum.png

Notable Events
    -Pichu evolves to Pikachu @ lv 17
    Spoiler:

-Defeated Bugsy, Received Hivebadge
    Spoiler:

-Defeated Rival (thank you paraconfuse + mudslap!)
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Haven't updated yet, and I should've before now, but here it is:

Saved in Ecruteak City, Sneasel is Lv 33 (sharked it in ASAP) and I have a Krabby HM slave. Four badges. Sneasel knows Faint Attack, Fury Cutter, Fury Swipes, and Ice Punch. Yes, it is quite furious.

I'd post a pic but I'm too much of a n00b (15+ posts).

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010
    i would like to join

i would lik to join ths challenge. i wll dothis challege with elekid (and his evolutions) i will be doing crystal.

Years
  • I need to restart thi challenge. I didn't think it through before I picked sentret.

I choose Spearow/Fearow.

Shadowyxz

Insert title here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    hey can i do this with a file save i already have or should i start from the beggining?

RedBattler

Dexholder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Saved in Ecruteak City, Sneasel is Lv 33 (sharked it in ASAP) and I have a Krabby HM slave. Four badges. Sneasel knows Faint Attack, Fury Cutter, Fury Swipes, and Ice Punch. Yes, it is quite furious.
    Nice moveset!

Here comes a big update:

Pikachu lv 33
    Headbutt
    Thunderbolt
    Sweet Kiss
    Thunder wave

HM Slave: Totadile-Cut, Surf

Notable Events
    -Arrived at Goldenrod City, got bike, trained
    -Vs. Whitney: extremely difficult for me. Miltank's stomp would always KO me with 1-2 hits. Wasn't able to defeat Whitney until I leveled up to lv25 and got lucky with Miltank's state of paralysis.
    -Obtained Plainbadge
    Spoiler:

-Traveled to Ecruteak City
    -Defeated Kimono Girls, obtained HM03 Surf
    -Defeated Rival in Burned Tower, Release Raikou, Suicune, Entei!
    -Defeated Morty - No problems here, just spammed thunderbolt
    -Obtained Fogbadge
    Spoiler:

-Arrived at Mahogany Town, went to Lake of Rage to get Tm10 - hidden power

So far no problems... ^__^

RedBattler

Dexholder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Yet Another Update:

Had a lot of time in my hands...

Pikachu lv 50
    Headbutt
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power
    Thunder wave

HM Slave: Totadile-Cut, Surf
    Sudowoodo-Strength
    Pidgeotto-Fly

Notable Events
    -Went to Olivine City, climbed lighthouse, assigned task to obtain medicine from Cianwood Pharmacist
    -Obtained HM04 Strength
    -Surf to Cianwood City, defeated Eusine, obtained Secretpotion
    -Defeated Chuck, obtained Stormbadge
    Spoiler:

-Obtain HM02 Fly
    -Surfed back to Olivine, give Jasmine SecretPotion
    -Defeated Jasmine, obtained Mineralbadge-Thought this was going to be the toughest battle, but hidden power helped KO Steelix and Pikachu's defenses somehow held up.
    Spoiler:

-Caught Pidgeotto, taught it Fly
    -Flew to Lake of Rage, Captured Red Gyarados
    -Infiltrated Rocket Hideout, shut off signal
    -Defeated Pryce, obtained Glacierbadge! (thunderbolt and hidden power for Piloswine)
    Spoiler:

-Radio Tower incident - defeated Rocket executives and freed Director

Phew!

potatoman12

That Annoying Guy
    Years
  • Porygon2 will be my choice in Crystal :D
    I'll probably update this every once in a while :|
    Beat Rival with Lv 8 Cyndaquil, sharked wild Porygon2, got it at Lv2. Beat Falkner easily, went to union cave and taught him Swift. Beat Bugsy and Whitney, and now going to Ecruteak. Currently Lv 30.

Last edited:

RedBattler

Dexholder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Quick mini Update!

-Went through Ice Path => Blackthorn City
    -Vs. Clair - came in expecting a tough battle but thunder bolt was effective against Seadra/Kingdra and Headbutt/Hidden power took care of her Dragonair. Took a few tries to defeat her.
    Spoiler:

-Completed Dragon's Den Test - Obtained Risingbadge
    Spoiler:

-Flew to New Bark Town, received master ball from Professor Elm (not like I'm going to use it)
    ~Kanto~
    -Surfed West - climbed Tohjo Falls
    -Currently in Victory Road

RedBattler

Dexholder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    -Went through Victory Road, defeated Rival
    -Arrived at Pokemon League
    -taught Pikachu thunder (needed raw power to defeat some of elite 4 members' pokemon)

-Elite 4 - The following are highlights from my battle against the Elite 4

Vs. Will - few problems here. thunderbolt was effective against most of his pokemon. Ocassionally needed thunder when thunderbolt was inadequate.

Vs. Koga - Urgh! Muk's minimize was super annoying. Thunder kept on missing, so relied on thunder bolt which also missed a few times. Forretress was taken care of hidden power...never used explosion. Got confused from Venemoth's supersonic in both of my battles with Koga but never fainted.

vs. Bruno - Everything was going reasonably well until Bruno's Machamp. A couple of Thunders took care of most of his pokemon...hidden power for onix. Machamp's cross chop would OHKO Pikachu. Had to use several revives until I eventually ran out X_X and had to restart. During my second attempt, Machamp's cross chop luckily missed, and I was able to finally defeat Bruno.

vs. Karen - 2nd hardest battle. Umbreon wasn't easy to beat even with Thunder. Gengar cursed Pikachu and then Vileplume's petal dance KOed it. Used revive and defeated it using headbutt a few times. Houndoom's flamethrower KOed Pikachu again. *sigh* After another revive was wasted used, defeated Karen. Close call though.

Vs. Lance - This battle was the reason why I had been so reluctant in using my revives because I knew I was going to need as many as possible to defeat Lance. Gyarados, Aero, and Charizard were taken care of with thunderbolts. His Dragonite (3 of them!!!) were the main obstacles. Hyper beam KOed me. Using all of my revives were of no avail, so I had to restart (:disappoin). Second time around, I discovered that Pikachu could survive a hyper beam if he had full hp. After using several hyper potions and using thunder, I managed to defeat Lance! Ocassionally Thunder would miss, but Blizzard was weak against pikachu and outrage wasn't too bad.

That's all folks, and I'm sorry if this is too long and detailed for you.
    -Off to Kanto in the SS Anne

Pictures
    Spoiler:

pikachuk.png

RedBattler

Dexholder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    It's been pretty quiet here lately...

Update:

Pikachu lv. 68
    Headbutt
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power
    Thunder

-Arrived at Vermilion City (brings back good memories)
    -defeated Lt. Surge, received thunderbadge
    Spoiler:

-Walked to saffron city
    -defeated sabrina, received marshbadge - Thunderbolt took care of everything here
    Spoiler:

-Celadon City, killed time at Game corner
    -Defeated Erika, received rainbow badge
    Spoiler:

-Flew to Saffron then walked to Lavender Town
    -currently lost in Rock Tunnel (no flash :D)

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    I did this quite recently with a Scizor, and found it enjoyable. Can I get a suggestion from someone of an interesting, yet doable pokemon to use for another solo run?

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Kadabra is pretty easy with Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Thunder Punch/Psychic; your only problem would be Karen's houndoom. I had to teach my Kadabra Swagger over F Punch, and it still took about 10 tries to win.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Kadabra is pretty easy with Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Thunder Punch/Psychic; your only problem would be Karen's houndoom. I had to teach my Kadabra Swagger over F Punch, and it still took about 10 tries to win.

Hmmmm... I'll think about that, but Kadabra sounds a bit like an easy one (Scizor was the same, only had problems with Karen's Houndoom and Red's Charizard). Any of the Nu's that might be possible (or UUs, I think Xatu might fall into that category?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back