• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Solo Run Challenge V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I am an insomniac and very impatient. lol
    I know you haven't said i could but i have started the challenge with Quake my Larvitar.
    He is now level 76, Tyranitar and he has just beaten his way through cycling path... With 11 badges.
    Sorry if i wasn't allowed but i am going to do this challenge again......... After i've beaten Red.....
    I'm going to do it with an unevolved Rattata.... [take that joey -.-]

Nice one, mate (:

What's your play time?

I completed the challenge pretty fast too ;P

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
  • Nice one, mate (:

What's your play time?

I completed the challenge pretty fast too ;P

When i posted that i was on... 10 hours maybe.... I spent an hour looking for PP ups. lol

Tyranitar and Gengar should get together sometime and have a clash of the titans... ^^

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • I am an insomniac and very impatient. lol
    I know you haven't said i could but i have started the challenge with Quake my Larvitar.
    He is now level 76, Tyranitar and he has just beaten his way through cycling path... With 11 badges.
    Sorry if i wasn't allowed but i am going to do this challenge again......... After i've beaten Red.....
    I'm going to do it with an unevolved Rattata.... [take that joey -.-]

Come on, i want you as the third to complete the challenge! :D

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
  • Little update...

Ran around and got the gym badges i missed then beat my rival Silver in the cave place. lol

Now trying to get through those stupid movement panels in Blue's gym...

As soon as that is done, off to murder Red...

リアム ゴッドフリー

Paired to Mike <3
    Years
  • At the moment i'm playing HeartGold, but i'm getting SoulSilver sometime this week so I will do the run on this. Ive decided what Pokemon I will use - Pichu. And my character on SoulSilver is going to be the female, nicknamed Lydia (my girlfriends name ^^). As soon as I get the game I am gonna start this run, so you may aswell add me to the list!

Blastbunker

The Corrupt One
    Years
  • "Team"

I completly beat the game (SS) with my Typhlosion with timid nature and a lucky egg for item until RED which i switched to a wise glasses. Moves Swift, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, and hidden power which i never used so i don't remember what type it is.
    Beat the game in 4 days because of delays :'(. oh well.
    Next goal is to do it with the infamous sunkern.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • This sounds very interesting, bobandbill sign me up! ;D

I'll be taking this challenge with Rhyperior, but it will start out as a Rhyhorn.

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
  • Okay, I started the game, my player name is Chu'e. Pronounced Chewy. Don't ask, lol.
    I picked Cyndaquil as my starter and then got all the way to Violet city, and down to route 32 where I caught my Ekans!
    Woohoo!
    I caught it at level 4, and levelled it up to level 13 after the whole sprout tower thing.
    Then I went to the gym and defeated Falkner :)
    1 badge down, 7 more to go x)

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
  • Did it!

Darn Oak and not letting me use my bike on a mountain in deep snow!
    I come up behind Red and take a slow breath, and i tap him on his shoulder and he attacks without saying anything!
    He sends out Pikachu and i send out Quake.
    Pikachu uses Iron tail and gets me down half my HP, I use Rock Slide and pikachu is out!
    Blastoise gets a quick hit in with focus blast and i'm on 3hp, one thunderbolt gets him down half his HP.
    A quick full restore and flash cannon gets a direct hit.
    Another focus blast and thunderbolt and Blastoise is out!
    Lapras is out and uses Brine, Quake is out and my Hm slave Rocky the Onix comes into play.
    One max revive and a blizzard and Rocky is gone.
    A quick thunderbolt and Lapras is gone.
    Venusaur appears and rock slide gets him down half HP [didn't see what he hit me with but it hurt...
    Frenzy plant takes me out....
    First try and i'm out... Congrats Red...

Pikachu down, blastoise down without even hitting me,Lapras gets a critical but Quake is still in but not for long.
    Rocky back out and another max revive. Onix is out and Quake back in!
    Paralyzed lapras and electricuted him to faint!
    Venusaur is out and two rock slides murder him!
    Snorlax is down a third by crunch i'm frozen and sandstorm puts snorlax down another 3rd HP, Rock slide, avoid blizzard and sandstorm finishes snorlax off.
    Charizard hits with fire blitz and is taken down with rock slide!
    And the credits roll in.

Good battle Red.

I would have posted this after my last post yesterday but i didn't want to double post, then the server got busy so i went to bed.
    Finished around 9pm British summer time.
    ^^
    Level 87 Tyranitar, Quake.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • Darn Oak and not letting me use my bike on a mountain in deep snow!
    I come up behind Red and take a slow breath, and i tap him on his shoulder and he attacks without saying anything!
    He sends out Pikachu and i send out Quake.
    Pikachu uses Iron tail and gets me down half my HP, I use Rock Slide and pikachu is out!
    Blastoise gets a quick hit in with focus blast and i'm on 3hp, one thunderbolt gets him down half his HP.
    A quick full restore and flash cannon gets a direct hit.
    Another focus blast and thunderbolt and Blastoise is out!
    Lapras is out and uses Brine, Quake is out and my Hm slave Rocky the Onix comes into play.
    One max revive and a blizzard and Rocky is gone.
    A quick thunderbolt and Lapras is gone.
    Venusaur appears and rock slide gets him down half HP [didn't see what he hit me with but it hurt...
    Frenzy plant takes me out....
    First try and i'm out... Congrats Red...

Pikachu down, blastoise down without even hitting me,Lapras gets a critical but Quake is still in but not for long.
    Rocky back out and another max revive. Onix is out and Quake back in!
    Paralyzed lapras and electricuted him to faint!
    Venusaur is out and two rock slides murder him!
    Snorlax is down a third by crunch i'm frozen and sandstorm puts snorlax down another 3rd HP, Rock slide, avoid blizzard and sandstorm finishes snorlax off.
    Charizard hits with fire blitz and is taken down with rock slide!
    And the credits roll in.

Good battle Red.

I would have posted this after my last post yesterday but i didn't want to double post, then the server got busy so i went to bed.
    Finished around 9pm British summer time.
    ^^
    Level 87 Tyranitar, Quake.

Good Job!
    Now you have only to beat the Elite 4 again! :D
    Did you capture any legendaries?

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
  • Good Job!
    Now you have only to beat the Elite 4 again! :D
    Did you capture any legendaries?
    I alredy did.... Straight after beating Red... Then i beat them again 'cos i was bored then i traded all my pokemon over to my other game and have just started a new game on HG with a poliwag egg.

No i didn't catch any legendaries...

Would i be able to do the solo run again with my Poliwag, nicknamed Hyde.?

Years
  • I would like to sign up for this challenge - I will be leveling through with a Krabby being sent in via Egg from my SoulSilver, and my Krabby will evolve. The challenge itself will be on my copy of HeartGold. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2020
    Sign me and my Cyndaquil (only nicknamed to lowercase letters other than C) up for the challenge. At first I planned to evolve after Bugsy, but now I've decided to let him stay a Cyndaquil. This will all be done in HG.

Progress:
    Beginning's pretty standard...Got Cyndaquil, went to Mr. Pokemon's house, blah, blah, blah. At Violet, we pretty much blew through Sprout Tower and the gym. Caught a Rattata to use for HMs, though he usually resides in the PC. Also picked up a Mareep for double battling purposes. Sadly for him, though, he just sits there. Near Union Cave, I got a Shell Bell for Cyndaquil to hold. Next up was Slowpoke Well and Bugsy, neither of which put up too much of a fight. After resting at the Center, we went and took on the rival. Opposing starter took a while, since I started by Smokescreening a few times. We then cut through Ilex Forest as fast as possible (pausing at the Kimono girl, who I refused to help, but Cyndaquil did anyway), which took us to Goldenrod, where I spent way too long messing around with Voltorb Flip. I finally managed to pull away, so that I could get the Radio Card and challenge Whitney. Took two tries to beat her. The first time, I had to quit the game because I had somewhere to go. Second time, I got lucky and she didn't use Miltank's Attract as soon as it came out, so I managed to Smokescreen a few times before Cyndaquil fell in love. Took a while, too, since Miltank kept Milk Drinking. Anyway, after that ordeal, the two of us got the SquirtBottle and headed north. Picked up the mail-Spearow at the gate.

Our next stop was the National Park, where Cyndaquil was my partner in the Bug Catching Contest. Couldn't really attack without knocking out the bugs, so I was stuck chucking balls at random Pokemon. Got lucky again and found a Beedrill, which took 10 balls, but I finally caught it. Said Beedrill beat out a Kakuna (3rd) and Weedle (2nd) for 1st and got me a Sun Stone. Backtracking a bit, I headed to the southern Park gate and headed for the Pokéathlon dome, where "my" Pokémon went through the Speed course twice. First try: Cyndaquil, Beedrill, and Spearow took third overall. Second try: Cyndaquil, Spearow, and Rattata took first overall, with Cyndaquil winning an individual award (can't remember which one.) Current Time: 8 hrs, 37 mins.

Current Team:
    Cyndaquil (Male) w/Shell Bell
    Timid/Capable of taking hits.
    Lvl 31
    HP: 76
    ATK: 42
    DEF: 42
    Sp. ATK: 48
    Sp. DEF: 38
    Speed : 58
    Swift
    Flame Wheel
    SmokeScreen
    Lava Plume

Kenya/Spearow (Female) - To be delivered after Sudowoodo.
    Rattata (Male) - HMs.

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
  • So I got my second badge! Bugsy was fairly easy..I didn't have much trouble. I just lowered all of their defenses with Screech and then hit them with bite. Instant knock-out :D
    Then I went on through Ilex Forest and then my Ekans evolved! It is now Arbok :)
    My Togepi hatched also, but I ditched it at the Day Care.
    I am now in Goldenrod City, but I stopped and saved and I'm resting now.
    ^-^ I'm going through slowly, but I'm so busy with homework and finals are coming up ><
    I am currently at 5 hours into the game :}

Years
  • Starr's Solo Run Challenge
    Solo Run Challenge V2
    The Krabby Khronicles
    Solo Run Challenge V2

Solo Run Challenge V2

Chapter One: Sprout Tower and the Zephyr Badge

• Started off from New Bark Town with a Chikorita in tow
    • Made my way to Mr. Pokemon, received the Pokemon Egg
    • Got a phone call from Professor Elm, someone stole a Pokemon!
    • In Cherrygrove City, got jumped by some red haired kid... had Elm's Cyndaquil, defeated him easily with Chikorita
    • Red haired kid's name was Alex, I think I'll be seeing him again...

• Returned the Egg to Professor Elm, got some Poke Balls from Ethan, captured a Sentret
    • Headed back to Cherrygrove, met up with an old friend and traded him the Sentret for an Egg
    • Walked the Egg all over until it hatched into a female Krabby! I nicknamed her Cookie, because that seemed to be the only thing she could say! Knew some surprising moves I didn't expect - namely Slam and Brine - that should really help my journey!

• Used Chikorita to get Cookie to the point where she could fight on her own against wild and trained Pokemon, then put Chipolata into the PC
    • Headed north for Violet City with just Cookie, defeating each trainer easily as we went
    • Entered Violet City and after hitting the Pokemon Center, hit Sprout Tower on the recommendation of the locals
    • Was worried that Cookie would struggle against the Grass type Bellsprouts, but she didn't, one shotting almost each one using Slam
    • Cleared Sprout Tower, healed up, then headed for Falkner's Gym
    • Defeated his two wards easily, but Falkner himself nearly defeated Cookie. Had to use two Potions, but Cookie was able to defeat Falkner's Pidgeotto and claim victory for us!
    Solo Run Challenge V2

ZEPHYR BADGE OBTAINED (1/8)

• Healed up, then Cookie and I received the Egg from one of Elm's aides. Put the Egg in the PC - we're going this alone... until I need an HM! - and headed south towards Azalea Town
    • Handily defeated every trainer between Violet and Union Cave... Cookie's getting strong!
    • Union Cave itself also not a problem, Cookie's quickly out-leveling the competition and taking most everything down in one or two hits
    • Made it out of Union Cave... something's going down in Azalea Town... time to investigate!
    Cookie's Stats - End of Ch. 1
    Solo Run Challenge V2

Level: 18
    HP: 42
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Hyper Cutter (Prevents Attack Reduction)
    Moveset: BubbleBeam, Slam, ViceGrip, Brine
    Held Item: None

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2020
    Progress and annoyances: Headed over to Sudowoodo, where a few Flame Wheels and Lava Plumes allowed me to spend only a few balls catching it. Now that the way was cleared, I took a right and went past Violet to that sleepy dude who Kenya was to be delivered to. Saved in front of him to do some testing of what would happen should the mail be equipped to another Pokémon or not equipped at all. As it turns out, by giving the mail to someone else, you can keep Kenya while still getting TM44 Rest. This little tidbit irks me because while on this solo journey, I was also planning to only catch Male Pokemon (gender-specifics aside) as a side challenge that I've attempted since Platinum (where I failed (epically, might I add, because it turns out my starter was female and I didn't notice early enough) as well). As I've already collected a few badges, I refuse to start over, so I guess that she'll just be a thorn in my side until I forget that she's stuck in the PC. In any case, Cyndaquil and I are off to Ecruteak City to face my favorite Leader in Johto, Morty.

Time: 9:12
    Team: Same as last time with a new Caterpie that I thought I was going to be losing from Kenya's mail.
    Position: In front of TM44 Rest dude.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back