• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Solo Run Challenge V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    sign me up. i'll be using "Vols" the mareep.
    i'll evolve it in to an ampharos.

note: how do you put the pictures of pokemon and badges in the posts?

Last edited:

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
  • Got my Third Badge. Whitney wasn't difficult really, but it was a long battle. I lowered Miltank's defense and hit it :)

After that, I got my Fourth Badge. Morty was extremely easy, once I used Arbok's Crunch, instant KO.

I just got my Fifth Badge. Wasn't that hard. Chuck's Primeape took some time because I kept missing because Primeape kept using Double Team -_-
    The only effective moves Arbok has are Sludge and Crunch and Crunch isn't very effective, so I used Screech to lower Poliwrath's defense and used Crunch twice, knocked it out.

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I'm giving up the run with Staraptor, bit I'll do a new one with Furret. =] Staraptor was too easy with his great stats. Will be starting soon. +]

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    i just beat whitney, falkner and bugsy were easy with Vols.
    Here's my team:

:t180:

Vols
    lv.26
    Moves:
    Headbutt
    Thundershock
    Charge
    Thunderwave

:4:

Explotaro
    lv. 13
    Moves:
    Cut
    Ember
    Leer
    Quickattack

:t175:

Totaro
    lv.1
    Moves:
    Extrasensory
    Growl
    Charm

Azumin

Trader/RNGer. ^-^
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    My Progress:

Beat almost all kanto gym leaders with ease except Brock. Right now im on Morty and Blue!
    My kanto badges:
    Solo Run Challenge V2
    Solo Run Challenge V2
    Solo Run Challenge V2
    Solo Run Challenge V2
    Solo Run Challenge V2
    Solo Run Challenge V2

My Solo runner:
    Pidgeot:
    Level: 83
    Moveset: Mirror Move, Air Slash, Wing Attack, Roost
    Solo Run Challenge V2

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • I'm going to take that challenge on my Soul Silver version.
    The pokemon I choose for the run is my Totodile.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2020
    After getting sidetracked by a phone call from Elm wanting to see Togepi and obliging, we headed off to National Park, where a Weedle got me 3rd place. Figured we were there anyways, so I let Cyndaquil take on some more Pokeathlon courses, where he wound up with Stamina (Team: Sudowoodo/Sandshrew), Jump (Team: Beedrill/Nidoran F), and Skill (Team: Pidgey/Drowzee) medals.

Feeling like I'd wasted enough time, we headed next to Ecruteak, where we witnessed a TR grunt harassing a Kimono Girl. This entire scene was full of questionable comments (stomachache, then "I was supposed to be the hero"; "They'll make me start over as the lowest TR grunt", as if harassing a girl didn't make him low already; "Young people these days", who did the old lady think she was talking to? Not direct quotes, but same effect, really). Anyway, I got what I went for (HM Surf), so I left and headed for Bell Tower, which I still prefer to call Tin Tower. The man guarding the stairs wouldn't let me in without Fog Badge, so I was forced to leave. Next stop was the Gym, where another man forced me to leave because Morty wasn't there. Only spot left was Burned Tower, so Cyndaquil and I decided to pay a visit. Once there, we met Eusine and Morty, neither of which had anything particularly interesting to say.

Heading further into the Tower, we met up with (Rival) Kyle again, who challenged and then lost to us in a battle. Same strategy of SmokeScreen was employed, and it still seemed to work. It also helped that Cyndaquil was high enough of a level that Water Gun only did 12 damage. Past him, we went ahead and covered the rest of the upper floor before heading down to the lower floor where the Beasts resided. They saw us and ran off, causing Eusine to become comfortable with heading down as well. After a few more words, he let us go on our way, and since I didn't have HM Strength yet, I went back to the PokeCenter to heal before taking on the Gym. Went in and quickly breezed through Morty's lackies, slowly finding our way over to Morty. Halfway through, I talked to Cyndaquil, who apparently thought I had disappeared. In any case, we got up to Morty, who was easy enough. Battle highlights included Gengar's use of Mean Look on Cyndaquil, which allowed me to take him out without sustaining damage or any bad effect since Cyndaquil was my only party member anyway, and his use of 3 Super/Hyper potions on his last Haunter, which only prolonged the inevitable. This earned me the Fog Badge, which I then took to the man in Tin/Bell Tower just to see how far in I was allowed. There was another guy in the actual Tower that wouldn't let me up without Rainbow Wing, so I went ahead and headed back to the PokeCenter.

Afterwards, I backtracked some more to take part in the Bug Catching Contest again, where I won an Everstone with a Kakuna, meaning that I had placed three times: Beedrill (1st on Tuesday), Weedle (3rd on Thursday), and Kakuna (2nd on Saturday). Ironic, right? Anyways, I headed back to Ecruteak after this, where I saved in the PokeCenter.

Current Position: Ecruteak Pokemon Center
    Current Time : 12:04
    Current Team : Cyndaquil w/ Shell Bell Lvl. 37
    -HP/Atk/Def/Sp. Atk/Sp. Def/Spd
    -91/50 /51 /60 /44 /69
    -Moveset:
    -Swift/Flamethrower/SmokeScreen/Lava Plume

Rattata - Cut/Rock Smash
    Sentret - Surf

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    Vols and I beat Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, and Pryce, leaving us with one Johto badge to go.
    Morty, Chuck, and Pryce were easy, Jasmine's Steelix was a pain, but signal beam saved us.

Team:
    Vols
    :t181:
    Lv.46
    Moveset:
    Headbutt
    Signal Beam
    Discharge
    Thunderwave

i added two HM slaves to my cyndaquil, a Krabby for surfing and a Pidgey for flying.

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Defeated Falkner, just spanned Fury Swipes. xD

My Furret is level 15 now. =]

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • So, there is my first update.
    - I choose Totodile as my first pokemon
    - I beat the Sprout Tower
    - I get my first badge easily
    - I beat the Team rocket in the Slowpoke Well

My Totodile:
    Solo Run Challenge V2

Totodile - Lv 22
    - Flail
    - Bite
    - Water Gun
    - Ice Fang

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
  • OKAY, got my sixth and seventh badge.
    Currently in Blackthorn city. I really didn't pick up any items in the Ice Path..I was too lazy.
    But it's fine, I'll go back later when I'm done with the game..or not at all.
    Ready to defeat Clair.
    Will train at that area of trainers south of Blackthorn city, though I reckon i don't need it. (and i'm lazy)
    Arbok is currently level 53. I've concluded that the solo run is wayyy easier than a normal game..so far.
    Did I mention that Arbok has shed skin instead of intimidate. I just noticed that, I was thinking that I thought arbok/ekans usually had intimidate but apparently shed skin too.
    I'm glad this one has shed skin.. I don't spend much money for status healers.
    Anyway, Pokemon League...Red..Here I come.

Years
  • Starr's Solo Run Challenge
    Solo Run Challenge V2
    The Krabby Khronicles
    Solo Run Challenge V2

Solo Run Challenge V2

Chapter Two: Ilex Forest and the Hive Badge

• Met Kurt, who immediately ditched me to go after Team Rocket at the Slowpoke Well (How rude!)
    • Followed Kurt into the well, found him injured, headed further into the well and defeated the Team Rocket presence there
    • Back at Kurt's place, he thanked me and offered to create Poke Balls for me from Apricorns I find

• Leaving Kurt's house, got a call from an old friend from the Hoenn region
    • Told me he'd heard about my quest and wanted to help me, and he had two Eggs for me to help me get around Johto
    • Met in the Union Room, traded him Chikorita and the Egg from Professor Elm for the two Eggs, which hatched into Tropius and Wailmer!
    • The letter attached to the Eggs read "Use Tropius for Cut, Rock Smash, Strength and Fly... use Wailmer for Surf, Whirlpool and Waterfall!"

• Entered Bugsy's Gym, defeated all of his understudies one by one
    • Finally reached Bugsy - Cookie struggled again, this time against Scyther, and nearly was KO'ed by a U-Turn, but with Super Potions in tow, Cookie held on and defeated Bugsy's team to win us the Hive Badge!
    Solo Run Challenge V2

HIVE BADGE OBTAINED (2/8)

• Headed out of Azalea Town towards Ilex Forest when Alex, my rival, jumped me and challenged me to a fight
    • Cookie had a tough fight against Alex; his Gastly used Curse and nearly defeated Cookie just with the damage from that
    • A lot of potions were used, but Cookie prevailed - barely!

• With Alex gone, we headed deep into Ilex Forest where the charcoal maker's apprentice asked me to help him find his boss' two lost Farfetch'd
    • Found the two Pokemon and caught them without any problem, obtained HM01 Cut for my trouble - taught it to Tropius and cut down the tree blocking our path to get through the rest of Ilex Forest
    • After making it out of the Forest and defeating a couple more trainers along the path - including a close call with one trainer's Mareep! - we finally reached the gates of Goldenrod City... next stop, our third badge!
    • Is it just me, or is Cookie getting bigger...?
    Cookie's Stats - End of Ch. 2
    Solo Run Challenge V2

Level: 23
    HP: 51
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Hyper Cutter (Prevents Attack Reduction)
    Moveset: BubbleBeam, Slam, ViceGrip, Brine
    Held Item: None

Other Pokemon:
    Tropius - Lvl. 1 - HM Slave A (Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, Fly)
    Wailmer - Lvl. 1 - HM Slave B (Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool)

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
  • Sometimes i think i should get a life and stop playing pokemon so much... That way it might be more fun...

Anyway... Did the challenge again with poliwag who evolved into poliwrath and beat the elite four and red then the elite four.......... Too easy.

Started again and am going it slowly!! Chilling and may do this challenge again in the future.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    First post. Just joined for this thread.

Humphrey/Geodude/Not Evolving/Soulsilver

Last edited:

Azumin

Trader/RNGer. ^-^
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Just beat red. ^-^
    Got lucky with his pikachu.
    Now I just have to beat the Elite four again!

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
  • Geodude Solo Run Part One

Decided to change from my Magnemite run as it seems like this solo run would be a little too easy plus I had Magnemite as my main on my first run through and he effectively fought most of the battles himself. Was initially going to obtain a Poliwag from the Pokewalker for my challenge. However after spending 300w on my pokewalker and not encountering one I decided to try a real Challenge and use a Geodude (Not Evolving)

• So after a relaxing morning of watching the TV I decide I better leave my room. Its no fun living in a small area surrounded by grass which I cannot enter. Now if only I could afford a Lawnmower.... Then again am I old enough to use one?
    • Anyways "Mother" tells me I have to do an errand for the Professor. Looks like I have to go meet Mr. Pokemon. So I choose the grass type pokemon (Knowing my Rival will choose Fire which is something Geodude can laugh at).
    • I return to see my mother who gives me my pokegear (Which I have never seen before??)
    • Get Some Running shoes of some speedy old man. Now I go twice as fast :D
    • Finally get to Mr Pokemons house and recieve the egg and pokedex after being harrassed by some guy and his Apricorns.
    • Encounter the redhaired boy on the way to the Lab after a strange phonecall from the Prof. His trainer card said his name was "Graham"
    • Finally got access to pokeballs after being shown by Lyra... Yeah like I didn't know already..
    Currently catching Geodudes to get a good nature and an Everstone so he won't Evolve. I Will update/edit in first Gym Asap. Apologies for the three changes today
    Just a little tip, if you don't want the pokemon to evolve just press B when the evolving starts.

That will leave you to be able to give Geodude the item that ups rock or groud attacks... Or leftovers... Always a good thing to give a pokemon... Especially one with high defense and low HP...

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    Thanks for the advice A. Although I was enjoying my Geodude Walkthrough(Was suprised at how he owned almost everything) I kept getting this niggling feeling that I still wanted to do my Poliwag run and in the end I gave in. I have to unlock the route again this time I'll catch that Poliwag!!

I will update tomorrow sometime after I have done the first 2 gyms. Looking at Poliwags starting moves this could be a laugh.

Also could anyone suggest a good HM Slave to catch early on?

Humphrey/Poliwag/Evolving/SoulSilver

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
    Years
  • Thanks for the advice A. Although I was enjoying my Geodude Walkthrough(Was suprised at how he owned almost everything) I kept getting this niggling feeling that I still wanted to do my Poliwag run and in the end I gave in. I have to unlock the route again this time I'll catch that Poliwag!!

I will update tomorrow sometime after I have done the first 2 gyms. Looking at Poliwags starting moves this could be a laugh.

Also could anyone suggest a good HM Slave to catch early on?

Humphrey/Poliwag/Evolving/SoulSilver

Poliwag can learn surf, it's a high powered water attack aswell.
    I just caught pokemon that can use the HM when i need to... lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back