• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] [SOLVED] PokeBattle_Clauses having an unexpected error [ESSENTIALS V19.1]

theqwertyup7

theqwertyup7
    Years
    I added a couple of moves to the code, (nothing serious beyond a move that behaves similarly to Sticky Web), and then when I try to boot a playtest, the following error pops up:

Script '211:PokeBattle_Clauses:131' line in `<class: NameError occurred.
    undefined method `pbFailsAgainstTarget?' for class `PokeBattle_Move_067'

At this point, I haven't even opened the PokeBattle_Clauses scripts, and I'd never even touched Skill Swap, which is the move this is referring to. None of the other moves in Clauses seem to have this issue, so I'm at a loss as to what's going on.

Last edited by a moderator:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    I added a couple of moves to the code, (nothing serious beyond a move that behaves similarly to Sticky Web), and then when I try to boot a playtest, the following error pops up:

Script '211:PokeBattle_Clauses:131' line in `<class: NameError occurred.
    undefined method `pbFailsAgainstTarget?' for class `PokeBattle_Move_067'

At this point, I haven't even opened the PokeBattle_Clauses scripts, and I'd never even touched Skill Swap, which is the move this is referring to. None of the other moves in Clauses seem to have this issue, so I'm at a loss as to what's going on.

I suspect those battle clauses are deprecated because they generate infinite issues (I had a similar error with a function that infinitely called itself).
    Unless you really really really want to use battle clauses, you should just comment the code for class PokeBattle_Move_067 in the file PokeBattle_Clauses (do NOT comment the class PokeBattle_Move_067 in any other file though).

theqwertyup7

theqwertyup7
    Years
    I suspect those battle clauses are deprecated because they generate infinite issues (I had a similar error with a function that infinitely called itself).
    Unless you really really really want to use battle clauses, you should just comment the code for class PokeBattle_Move_067 in the file PokeBattle_Clauses (do NOT comment the class PokeBattle_Move_067 in any other file though).

This fixed it, thanks!

Back