• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some of my Artwork

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2010
    Hello PokeCommunity world. Im new here, but I wanted to show off some of my pokemon related artwork if thats ok.

Anywho, heres some of my stuff :)

An original character I made who is unable to sleep. Shes an electric type trainer:

sleepy001.jpg

Cynthia and her Pokemon:

POKEMON_CHAMPION_CYNTHIA_by_inth-1.jpg

Platnium Dawn with some Ice Types:

Platinum_Dawn_by_inthedoorway-1.jpg

And lastly Fantina with all the ghost types (who arnt legendary):

Fantina_and_Ghost_Pokemon_by_int-1.jpg

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • In the first art, Dawn has quite much muscles for a girl =)
    Apart from that, your drawings are very well done ;D

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2010
    lol yeah thats supposed to be her shoulder rather than her muscle, but I see what you're saying. I think I made her 'shoulder to elbow' too short

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    First off, the heavy focus on chests and butts is a little unnerving, but it's a perfectly legit art style that I just happen to be uncomfortable with - me being female and all. However, I do think that May in the first picture has some very wonky anatomy. For one thing, her stomach just randomly gets smaller where the shirt ends. Do you imagine her shirt to be extremely puffy or something? I also noticed her spine seems to be twisting painfully at the pelvis in order to get a shot of her butt. Even if she was trying to pose, bending that drastically just doesn't look very natural at all... not to mention how much it would hurt. And then there's Dawn, who has quite a set of abs for a ten year old (or seventeen-year-old, as this picture implies). And then (sorry for repeating so much!) there's Cynthia's pants... trust me, wearing those would NOT be pleasant. Other than that, Dawn's very narrow face (it makes her look very aged) and Lucario's extremely awkward expression (seriously, what's going on there?), I think you've got quite a lot of talent here.

I don't want to tell you to tone down the feminine parts because I just get uncomfortable around those sorts of things, but try to think of how the character must be feeling bending or wearing clothing that works that way before you jump to get a cool pose. When you try to bend the rules of the human body like that, it just looks totally alien. And personally I'd take a non-alien figure over a good-looking one. (However, I quite enjoyed the Pokémon's expressions, especially Gastrodon.)

Bottom line: Good artwork, but remember to let anatomy take priority over large boobs.

Last edited:
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Jan 11, 2010
    I agree with F. F. Giratina ... the whole huge boobs/butt focus is unnerving. I would suggest going for a more realistic style, maybe draw from life? Not sure ... They just seem a little off as far as anatomy is concerned. :0 Over all, your drawings are pretty good ... I like your colouring and your expressive, thick lines.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • I don't want to repeat what other people have told you, but I do agree about the over-exaggerated body-parts, they don't make me uncomfortable as much as that it looks unnatural.

What I do like is the way you did May's hair, it's a nice twist. Cynthia's should be longer and have more volume though, and some of the strands simply seem to go nowhere, like the random straight strand that disappears. The pants have one hell of a wedgie going on, that ought to be painful, but okay. Gasterodon = win.

In the snow picture of Dawn it looks like she doesn't have any clothes underneath her jacket, which is really odd (Especially since it's snowing). Beside the Piplup, which is shaped a bit oddly, I really like the Pokemon in this picture, especially the Spheal that's just popping up there, it's adorable! And the background is pretty good too.

The Fantina picture is pretty good too, I love the faces of the Pokemon, they look awesome, and her pose is pretty good too, even though she looks a bit short. The boobs don't even look quite as apparent as in the other ones. They only thing is that the folds of the dress around the stomach are rather odd.

Overall I simply love the way you draw Pokemon, it takes a humorous turn. You do hands rather well too, which deserves a mention because, for me personally, they're the hardest thing. What you should work on is anatomy, and you might want to tone the amount of folds you put in, there's an excessive amount in some places.

Keep going and practicing, you can only get better.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2010
    I apologize that some of you are uncomfortable with my style, it really wasnt my intention to make you uneasy, or to be sexist or anything. I can understand where you're coming from with the first pic, I tried something different with that one and was going for an older pin-up look sorta deal. Again, I apologize, I didnt think people would be uncomfortable with it. I'll take it off this site.

These are all valid criticisms, and I thank you for them. I am actually quite good at atatomy when drawing realism, but Im still fairly new to the anime hybrid style Im working on.

The only point I'd argue is Swan's thing about Dawn looking like she dosnt have anything on under her jacket in the snow picture. I didnt do this to make it sexy or anything, I tried to keep that one pretty PG in fact, but every picture Ive ever seen of Dawn in her Platinum costume thats the way it is.
    example:
    381px-Platinum_Dawn.png

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I have nothing wrong with you drawing things like that, it's just that you put just a little too much emphasis on them and didn't really pay as much attention to the other, more important things. It's okay if you draw the characters like that, but you also need to keep in mind that these are people you're drawing and are expected to bend and react as people do. c: And yeah, Swan, Dawn doesn't have much under her Platinum jacket anyway...

Years
  • hmm they do seem to be alittle vivid but theres nothing wrong with alittle imagination keep up the good work :P

AmayaTsuki09

[the geeky artist]
    Years
  • You're art is really good. And the unproportional thing bothers me too, but it's your style of drawing, and I completely understand. I love the expressions on the Pokemon. :]

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • They're brilliant pokemon art to a new level XD i was getting a bit shakey about the first picture i thought it was going to be something rude by the girl lying down like that but that defiently proved me wrong anyways all of it is awesome and great keep on making great work like this ^_^

Back