• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some of My Work (I Need Some Criticism)

Which Pikachu Looks Best?

• The First One (Regular Stripes)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • The Second One (Custom Stripes)

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • The Third One (Two Custom Stripes)

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    Hey there people of PokeCommunity, lately I've been trying to improve on my spriting and what better way other than to get some CC?
    I'm organized these will be divided into sub-groups:

Scratches:
    Spoiler:

Fusions:
    Spoiler:

The Simpsons:
    This Is Actually For A ROM Hack Blaziquaza IS Doing And I'm His TileSet Making Guy: These Are My First Tiles So I Don't Anticipate Them To Be Good

Spoiler:

MUGEN Chars:
    I have 3 Versions Of A Pikachu Which I might make into a fighter. Originally I was trying to style a Pikachu similar to Smash's custom Pokemon Sprites but it came out wrong and so it looks like this:
    Spoiler:

I have much more coming soon including my RBY Revamps!

BTW I know I suck at Spriting!

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • fatcatthing.png

...That thing looks familiar...

attachment.php

... :0

Seriously though, I don't think you should be claiming that as one of your pieces, wasn't it just for an example? You need to work on your outlines, though the first one is pretty good. Remember, jellyfish have no right angles!

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    lol if they had right angles they probabl wouldn't be able to swim. Thnx for the CC Chesu! Yea about the lines I notice that whenever i make Fakemon my lines come out straight instead of curved meanwhile I look at others work (including yours) and I notice you don't. How do you get it so perfect? About the fat cat thing, I'll credit itsover9000 as soon as possible and I didn't really realize it at the moment it wasn't entirely my idea.

P.S. Which Pikachu is the best?

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    WEll I actually do do it pix-by-pixel and everything looks great until I zoom out. The big snake is not finished (it needs a mouth, maybe more spikes) yet, and it is what I work on if bored. Therefore I try to perfect it.

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    UPDATE!!!

Here Are Some of MY RBY RE-Colors!
    rbysnorlaxrecolor.png
    The outlines aren't right but it makes it seem cute!
    rbyblastoiserecolor.png
    His right arm looks a little messed up now that it's in color!
    rbymewrecolor.png
    Awww so cute! It's Blushing!
    rbymewtworecolor.png
    This... Looks... Sick
    rbypikachurecolor.png
    This one needs some work. Especially on the cheeks and the stripes

Hope Ya Like! ;)

kacqn

???
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Here Are Some of MY RBY RE-Colors!
    rbysnorlaxrecolor.png
    The outlines aren't right but it makes it seem cute!
    rbyblastoiserecolor.png
    His right arm looks a little messed up now that it's in color!
    rbymewrecolor.png
    Awww so cute! It's Blushing!
    rbymewtworecolor.png
    This... Looks... Sick
    rbypikachurecolor.png
    This one needs some work. Especially on the cheeks and the stripes

Hope Ya Like! ;)
    Those look good, I also have some questions and options. The Mewtwo is cool but why is he turning to it`s right and it does kind of pushes it`s head a bit. Mew does look cute. Pikachu, the bottom of the tail looks weird. I can understand sinces the tail is kind of small. Blastoise looks like it is breathing or pushing it`s tummy. Snorlax, I have nothing to commet because it looks so cool. That`s my review.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Here Are Some of MY RBY RE-Colors!
    rbysnorlaxrecolor.png

rbyblastoiserecolor.png

rbymewrecolor.png

rbymewtworecolor.png

rbypikachurecolor.png

Excuse me since nobody seems to be pointing this out these are recolors and not at all revamps wanna know why? 8D
    Because all you did was give it "different" colors and not at all changing the shading or outline. I suggest you reading a tutorial on revamping. This is a common error to most people new to pokemon spriting. Luckily for you there's tutorials out there. Tut link

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    I wrote RE-Colors Chibi , it's right there in the post. Revamps are different becuase they include anatomy changes to be more similar to sprites today. Or at least that is what I'm told.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see what you mean. In my first post I wrote that I will be including my Revamps. I don't think I was clear about that all too much as I am still working on fixing the RBY Koffing to fix the skull and place it in it's proper position. That will be a Revamp because it is updating it to today's anatomy of Koffing

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    Those look good, I also have some questions and options. The Mewtwo is cool but why is he turning to it`s right and it does kind of pushes it`s head a bit. Mew does look cute. Pikachu, the bottom of the tail looks weird. I can understand sinces the tail is kind of small. Blastoise looks like it is breathing or pushing it`s tummy. Snorlax, I have nothing to commet because it looks so cool. That`s my review.

yea these are Re-Colors so I can see why there are anatomy errors like with Pikachu's tail. Maybe one day if I can begin to scratch good, I can become a Revamper. Also the way you wrote it like,
    Mewtwo is cool but why is he turning to it`s right...
    made it seem as if you were saying these are scratch. I used the proper dimensions of the sprite and MewTwo fit just right with nothing leaving the screen, just lying on top of it.

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    my koffing is almost done! also could more people comment about the MUGEN's?

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    Here is my first Revamp ever, I don't think it's too good but I hope for your own sake that you know this a Koffing.
    koffing.png

I tried to get rid of the Gen 1 checker boarding but simply shading it in but it didn't really come out right. This is from the American Versions of Pokemon Red and Blue in which the skulls were on top of his face and I simply just recolored it and placed everything where they should be. This is a revamp because I updated it to todays anatomy of Koffing.
    Here is the original sprite:
    Spr_1b_109.png

Last edited:

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    so anyone want a bumpdate? ok, right now I'm trying to finish up my Shadow pokemon.

Years
  • For starters, the shading on your scratch sprites is really simplistic. Use more shades, and try to make the lines smoother. I'd also suggest more anti-aliasing, especially on the outlines. (Anti-aliasing is when you try to blend by using a color that's between the two that are already there.)

For the MUGEN sprite, the proportions are way off. I've never seen a Pikachu's head and ears do that. The ears curve in a weird direction, the skull sticks out weirdly at the brow, and the tail is lumpy. I don't like the colors a whole lot, either. You should flatten the forehead a bit, make the nose stick out a little more, and the body should be shaped more like a pear. I do like its custom stripes though.

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    thnx for being nice about the CC. I'm not really good at shading and also I think I'll try anti-aliasing, your sprites are really good and the shading is wonderful, so I suspect that's your strategy. About the MUGEN Pikachu, I was trying to make a Pikachu similar to Smash's style, but since I fail at spriting it didn't come out right. I was also trying to make Pikachu a little more awesome so I slimmed it up and made it taller, so I guess that didn't work out. The ear I can fix, but I'll fix that once I'm done with my Shadow Pokemon, a few more revamps, and a scratched pie.

EDIT:
    xmaspiewlines.png

here is a scratch pie I made :) !!!!

Last edited:

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    thnx, but a little more C+C would help me to do better with spriting, like how could I improve on shading or if my colors clash or not? I really want to someday be as good as Smash or Baconboy19.

P.S. Which Pikachu do you like best?

Back