• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some questions about Shadow Pokemon in Collosium

shunyata

BJJ White Belt
    Years
    Fast, yeaaah, right, right. Colloseum is horrible for how long it takes to purify your pokemon. After you determine the nature of your pokemon (by either plugging it into an IV calculator and guessing or purifying enough to reveal it) you can use the method most geared to your pokemon's nature. Deathborn's FAQ on gamefaqs details this (gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/914973/29938). This speeds things up somewhat, but it's still horribly/painfully monotonous. Walking around seemed to be best for a large chunk of my shadown pokemon and I ended up walking it circles while watching something on my TV. I believe there's also a glitch in Agate Village where you can fall off the cliff and keep taking steps so you can fix your controller and leave it going all night. I didn't use this particular trick, but I did use the preferred method based on nature. I'm at the point where I just need to assemble a group to take on the final colloseum and collect ho-oh.

I've only been to a few locations in XD, but the purification is going a lot faster just by battling. It's got the puficiation chamber to boot, but the purification is going so fast without I haven't even needed to use it. Really the difficulty between the 2 should be reversed with the addition of the purification chamber in XD; though, I'd guess XD was made easier due to the max frustration suffered playing Colloseum.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yeah - purifying Pokemon in Colosseum takes a fair bit of time, although personally I didn't find it all that annoying and didn't resort to the time-saving trick by exploiting that glitch. Also if you keep switching your party around if you plan to do a bit of walking helps to purify them a bit during the main storyline. XD is much easier with it though.

Supplied nature list in that link by shunyata helps, and although it doesn't apply to XD, I don't believe, there' not that much need for it anyway.

Ice_Emperor

Emperor of all that is.
    Years
    Shunyanta thanks a lot, that will really help me.
    And yeah, the Purification Chamber helps a lot. I've got 7 At Max Tempo already so it's going by real fast. My Legendary Birds are working out real fast in battling as well. I like the ability to catch wild pokemon, because, as the Llama God as my witness, my Purification chamber is FILLED with Phanphys.

Back