• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Some signatures can be kind of annoying...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    On a laptop, you usually scroll with the mouse pad thingy, which makes it very easy to accidentally click. Same with while typing.

On my desktop, I use a mouse wheel, but I wasn't being quite so literal when I said scrolling. I was just referring to navigating the thread in general. It would mostly come from simple misclicks, accidental clicks, or perhaps hovering over a link to see what it actually is, and accidentally clicking. (It happens. lol)

I've never used the mouse pad to scroll and I only use a laptop, I feel like that's not a very common way of scrolling xD There are plenty of ways to avoid that on your own computer, so I don't think a ban against X amount of links in your signature would be a good idea. However, if it isn't too much of a pain to code, I don't see a problem with a "hide signature" button. Not sure where it would go though or how it would work, but there's no reason not to do it.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    On a laptop, you usually scroll with the mouse pad thingy, which makes it very easy to accidentally click. Same with while typing.

On my desktop, I use a mouse wheel, but I wasn't being quite so literal when I said scrolling. I was just referring to navigating the thread in general. It would mostly come from simple misclicks, accidental clicks, or perhaps hovering over a link to see what it actually is, and accidentally clicking. (It happens. lol)
    This is where you should right click the little touchpad icon in the notification area, assuming you've got a synaptics touchpad which most laptops do, and change the settings. you click "Pointing device properties" click the "device settings" tab, click the touchpad in the device list and click "Settings..." You'll get a very diverse list of settings for your touchpad so you can fine-tune it so you're not as likely to suffer clicking mishaps.

I recommend two-finger scrolling, if your touchpad supports it. You can use circular scrolling if it isn't supported. It's available in the latest synaptics driver package. You may download the latest version here.

Additionally, you may buy an external USB mouse for use with your laptop, which might alleviate touchpad inconveniences.

Last edited:
    Years
    if you're scrolling on a laptop, your best option is to scroll lightly by not pressing down too hard and if you see something you want to click on, use one of the clicker buttons above or below the scroller. i'm on my laptop right now and that's what i do.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Sounds like you have a tap to click turned on. If you do then turn it off... prob fixed.
    I do think a ton of lines of text is annoying. But wanting to make a new rule or edit the rules just because you're clicking links when it's your fault... I think that's a little out there.

Back