• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some trouble deciding...

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
  • I'm thinking about a new DS game to keep me busy for a while so can anyone suggest some? I'm currently looking at The World Ends With You or Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. If anyone has any suggestions please tell me. ^_^

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • Those two are great choices. As for a suggestion, if you can wait until July 22nd, I'd consider getting Final Fantasy IV when it's released. The game has had several remakes in the past years, but I heard the DS version is much more impressive.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The first two DS games I would suggest to someone looking for a new game are actually the two you mentioned. Both are fun, not to mention they both make good use of basically all the DS's features. They're my top two favoruite games, but TWEWY pulls ahead for me. :3 I've put over 150 hours into it since I got it in April and none of my other DS games compare, but it's also not everyone's cup of tea.

Go with either of those two and you should be entertained for a while yet, and then pick the other one up a little down the road. :D

jirachistar

Kirby Lover
    Years
  • Oh, those are both really good games... If you've played the Wind Waker, the Phantom Hourglass is really good, but I've also heard good remarks about The World Ends With You. If money's not an issue, you could get both...

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
  • I've just seen an IGN review on The World Ends With You and the whole reaper thing sounds awesome to me. It's most likely gonna be my choice. Fighting on two screens at once is gonna be tricky though. Thanks for the suggestions guys. When I get it I'll be sure to tell you all about it. ;D

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Mmmm... I think i liked more The World Ends With You, even though they both are good games and they both ROCKS all i say i found Zelda Phantom Hourglass a bit too short for a tittle of such remarcable enterprise :D (sorry if my english sucks)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Both are great games. I found it hard to get used to the use of both screens to fight in TWEWY but once you get used to it the game is great. Phantom Hourglass is easier to just pick up and play as it is straightforward. But constantly having to go back to the same place several times really annoyed me.

Both games use all the DS features well. I think TWEYWY uses it better. As the movement of the character using the touch screen is smoother.

If you like games you can pick up and play go with Phantom Hourglass but If you want a more challenging game TWEWY is very challenging to begin with but gets easier once you are able to use both screens to fight.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
  • TWEWY is awesome, I got it! xD
    I find trouble with keeping Neku alive sometimes but I'm on Day 4. Is there a Post-Game? And does anyone have any tips on using both screens at once? xP

Back