• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Something I'd like to see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cait Sith

Swedish Meowth
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 10, 2006
It's been so long since I RPed in forums that I forgot how to do it for a bit. When I realized that, I began feeling sick to my stomach and dizzy. In reality, it was the bad RPers that drove me away. So yeah, maybe there should be an RP Academy or something. Just make sure it's fun for the n00bs, and don't use whips.

You're absolutely right. Things have gone downhill since 6 years ago, I noticed. Hey, don't quit RPing! It....doesn't feel good at all. Especially when you notice what it can do to a person.

But I dunno... n00bs sure do sound like they're stupid by the way they type. *shudders* Are you sure they aren't?

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Yeah I brought this up with a few roleplaying friends, it'll be interesting, but what with school...< <;; But who knows, drop me a PM Nagoyaka Aikouka, and we'll see what goes from there, because plot's are no fun when it comes to Miss Unoriginal over here, waving her flags of unoriginatlity. xDD

Something simple would be best I guess...but if you'd like to participate or help out, post here. I've already got enough PM's cluttering my inbox.

x_x;

Cait Sith

Swedish Meowth
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 10, 2006
I can tell your involvement in this forum isn't as fun as one would imagine... *pat pat* Do they lay all those bloody RP ideas on you, and you alone? I'm sure I wouldn't be able to handle that.... Especially with the vast number of horrible SL's compared to the good ones. xD

Aside from all that, I've proven one of my theories by testing it out...

If you, as one good RPer, join a forum chock-full of bad ones, your presence could most definitely change their ways completely. I tested this out five or six times before my 6...um...5-ish year disappearance. So, if we just get out there and do our job as "Missionaries".

THOU SHALT PASS DOWN THE GIFT OF GOD TO N00BS. GO FORTH, THEE LAMBS OF THINE Moderator???? ...Oh, dear.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
???? I suggest you try that theory at a very special online pet site. I hope you know what I'm talking about, but anyway, IMPORSSIBIBBLE FEAT RYGHT THARE FOR YEH. *shot*

Oh, and if you do want to help out as one of the advice-givers, then I'll judge whether you're good enough or not.

(And Cait Sith, hahaha, trust me, compared to people whom I won't mention for the esteem of others, I could very possibly be the biggest n00b in all of n00b-dom. xDD)

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
Well, I've been thinking about this off and on, and with the database errors, I haven't read all the replies, so sue me. :3

Rather than an actual thread for practicing, I was thinking more of a mentor system. As in, say a thread where general instruction and stuff is okay, but basically a newer RP'er is assigned to a more experienced, and they usually do most of the RP instruction by signing up for actual RP's, and showing them as a learning experience, and cutting down the leanring curve.

Cait Sith

Swedish Meowth
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 10, 2006
Uck... A pet site? Is it that bad there? I don't think I want to imagine... *shivers* But maybe one day a site that bad would, or will, be introduced to the Light.

Bell, I've been looking at the RP's and I haven't seen you do any bad posts at all. 'Course...I could be wrong. I don't know the RPers you know, and I might not want to if they do, in fact, type like Gods. I'm afraid of people like that.
....Are they really that good??? Creepy...;;;

o_o; I kinda feel the need to help, but I know I wouldn't do any good, because..well... I'm a lazy schmuck. I could probably do the back-stage work, if there would be any.

I wonder if supplying gifts for the good students would help at all...

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Shiney...that's the same thing as the 'adopt a roleplayer' thing...< <;;....that daied. I suppose we could have a sort of mixture. Private classes, non-private classes mentor tutor shtuff.

Well, I dunno, what do you guys think is the better idea?

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
Years
I like the idea of one on one PM RPs (may we call them that) I mean I doing one right now to teach how to make long RP post (Oh my. I teaching that can't be good) still I like the idea of a real RP to do. I mean we can make it into a Academy/Community RP. Also I like the idea of at huge RP where all Rpers can join. THe teachers of the academy can actually be teachers and the students can actually be students. They can learn to hone on their RP skills and the teachers can teach. THe RP can also be kept intresting by having 'test' which can involve twist or attacks like one of these 'test' can be like Team Rocket taking over the Academy/community and its up to the students to save the academy and show off their skills. YOu know to keep things intresting.

I know another forum that actually does have a RPers academy and a huge community RP. The academy looks good with people actually wanting to join and running strong too. I would like to see one here too.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
I don't have time for a long post (CURSE parents, CURSE THEM!) So I'm going to be blunt and quick, sorry if this is misunderstood.

Anyway, I didn't mean purely private stuff, I meant that outside of public classes as well, RP'ers would have a more experienced person, who could help them out in more advanced RP's, to reduce the learning curve.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Well what do you know? The moment I thought that this one had suffered the fate of every other RPer initiative around here I suddenly find a whole bunch of posts instead. Yay for my observation skills...xD Pardon me if some of these comments are outdated, I'm a bit tired and might have missed parts of the posts. -.-

I kind of agree with Light Azumarill about the RPer Academy thing. I mean, it appeals to me, but to the average N00B (Presumably not a language/RPing geek like me) out there? I don't think so. -.- The banners seem like a working idea, though. After all, we all love to get spiffy little things like that to make us feel important, ne? ^^

As for teaming the N00Bs with the experienced people...well, that's where we come across the main issue, don't we? Most of the N00Bs don't want to admit to being N00Bs and would probably be offended by such offers. Not much you can do about that, though, so is this for helping those precious few good N00Bs? Anyway, the idea in itself doesn't sound bad, but I can imagine it getting somewhat frustrating both for the 'student' and the other RPers when the 'teacher' finds loads of things to correct on with every post. xD

Overall, I'll offer my help as well in case you have any use for me. I might not be around as much as usual since school has started and I've got a bunch of essays on my neck, but I've got a fair bit of experience in proofreading and RP plotting, so if you want a third opinion on a plot or the like, just say the word. Oh, and I can scream "stop your godmodding. dangit!" really loud too, but I doubt that would fit into the friendly/helpful image you're trying to build here. xD

Anyways, best of luck with whatever you decide to do. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back