• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Something I've noticed....

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
Years
  • First up, sorry if someone already posted this.
    I'm not sure if it's in any other game but I was playing Heart Gold the other day and something I noticed was... If you look at the stats of a Pokemon where it says: Attack ___, Defense ___, Speed ___ etc. All the words are coloured white unless you have a nature that puts up a stat and lowers a stat. Let me explain, for example my Dragonite is a Jolly nature, and if you look at it's stats the word "Speed" is coloured Red (well pinkish) and the word "Sp. Attack" is coloured blue.
    Also my Poliwrath is Adamant and the word "Attack" is blue and "Sp. Attack" is Redish.
    Porbably most of you have noticed this but I thought I'd bring it up for the people that didn't notice since I only found out a couple of days ago haha.
    Did you notice this before I said it? (honestly)
    Also do you think that this is something they should keep in future games?
    I think they should as it's very helpful for when you can't remember what a nature Raises and lowers.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, this was noticed before the games even came out thanks to pre-release screenshots for the Japanese version and careful observation. XD But as discussion of this feature is encouraged in the OP I'll leave this open. But just make sure you don't stray onto discussing 5th gen or other features you'd like to see in future games - just focus on this feature. =p

Speaking of which - I think it is handy and should stick around - I'm sure it's of help to a few people who don't need/want to memorise all of the natures. =P

Years
  • Yup, I find it extremely useful.

All I knew were Timid,Jolly,Adamant,Bold,Brave and Modest. Now it makes it a whole lot easier, as I don't need a computer to see whether or not it might be useful.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I honestly never realized that. I did see some odd coloring but never thought too much of it. This is awesome.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • Actually yes i admire that in nintendo
    that was a very educated and insightful post lol
    i hadn't noticed that until now... i usually go online to find out what my natures do
    so thanks for the thread = )

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    Dude thanks so much I always hated going online to view natures it was annoying I never noticed that thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • Yes, I think it's very handy, actually. I won't have to pull up my comp. all the time to look it up. But I wouldn't want it to give that much information though.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Yeah...I knew about this right after the game came out too. XD

I found it rather useful though, as I'm one of those people that can never for the life of me remember what natures do what other than adamant, timid, and jolly. XD

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    Yeah I noticed before but its still very useful, and I think red means a bonus and blue means a decrease no?
    Haven't actually played my SS in a while.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • I found out about it a few weeks ago. I don't really care about natures, but it was still cool that they added it. It was a pain to keep bugging my friend about what natures are what.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • I did notice the blue yesterday, but I actually didn't notice the pinkish-red. That's convenient, up until now I've been using Bulbapedia's nature chart every single time I need to check one. Thanks for pointing it out :P

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    I honestly didn't notice that. xD;

I don't really care about stats, I just use the Pokémon I catch and hope for the best, but that's probably a really useful feature to competitive battlers. :3

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
  • I like this, it really helps. I noticed this in heartgold, right after the 4th gym.
    "What's that? Blue? Red? OHHH NATURES!"

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Seems kinda useful ! <3
    I never focus on natures ! :P Pokemon aren't fighting drones to me, but for you, competitive folks, shall be GREAT since Serebii will get less traffic ! ;)

......... that's not funny ..........

Serin

Noob
    Years
  • Haha, you know what? I actually noticed that some of the stats were discolored, but I thought it was my eyes deceiving me. And I looked at several Pokemon's stats and they featured the same thing. I had no idea what the discoloring was for until I read this.

Haha, now I know...It's definitely a useful feature instead of trying to remember all of the stat boosts/decreases from natures or looking up each one.

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Yeah, noticed it just before fight Morty. I am never able to remember which one increases and which decreases though...

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I don't see this on any of my pokemon. All their stats are black, and some do have natures that I know what it boosts.
    EDIT: Oh WOW. I had to get my nose 2 inches from the screen to even be able to notice them. It's like 12 pixels around the word.

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • This is really useful! I never noticed this either so thanks for this! Natures will be a lot easier to understand now, without having to pull up my PC.

Back