• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

||-Sonic~Boom-'s Gallery||

-Sonic~Boom-

☆彡
Years
Wow, haven't posted here in a long time. =)
I learnt some new skills since I started creating graphics long ago, which you will probably be able to tell after you look further down. It's kinda more like a museum.

Startin' out~
Here is my beginning. My friend ShadowPand3monium was teaching me some basic banner skills, as he had just started out too. I was very thankful to him and still am.
!!Warning!! Terrible banners within!
Spoiler:

Getting the hang of it~
After practising further, I opened up to more and more skills. These banner weren't particularly good regardless of that though. =D
Spoiler:

Let's go Shopping~
Eventually, after more practice, I joined ShadowPand3monium's first shop. I quit after around 2 months and took a break, then made my own shop which lasted from August - December 2008.
Spoiler:

Catch up!~
2009 was very quiet for me. I went to another place which I still go to and produce various graphical things like logos and buttons. I left graphics behind, but then got back into it late 2009. I went through some more tutorials and learnt some more, and came out with new banners.
Spoiler:

Evaluation~
Taking in criticism and feedback of people on the interwebs, I began to brush up my skills by trying new things. I believe these are much more improved, but that's up to you. Leave your thoughts for me. =)
Spoiler:

Like anything? Be sure to tell me. I may open a store sometime in the distance future.
-S~B-

Last edited:
Years
Hm, lets see what we got here. I guess I can give some CCnC on the newer banners.
Right, lets see. The theme color is pretty well picked, but, just pink is a bit boring. Add maybe colors from the render! A bit of green, yellow, black, ect. =] The text was used with a nice font, but, it's kinda taking a lot of space i the banner and over the render. =x To me, banners should maybe have a small statement, even just one word or two, or a small font. A long sentence and large font kinda takes attention away from your render or focal point in the banner. Hmm, there's not too much going on in the banner. It's pretty plain. =[ Adding textures, c4ds, or some adding more smudging might help with that problem. Since it's kinda plain, it looks flat, or just without depth in the banner. D=
Well, I see you have a better color theme on this banner. There's at least 2 or 3 colors in the banner. =] However, it's just pretty bright. >..O;;; If it's too bright in a part of a banner, it hurts the viewer's eyes and takes attention away from the focal point in a banner. Now, I'm sure you wouldn't want that to happen. It's cool to see you used the pentool in this banner. =] It looks pretty good! The text, looks better in the banner. ^..^ The font you pick, well, it could have been better, but it's not bad. My only concern about the whole banner is that it's bright. @..@ You might wanna make a new layer with a dark shade of a color and set it to Overlay or burn. Then, you can change the opacity around and see where it looks better at. ^..^

Er, I hope I helped a bit. XD You're pretty good for a starter, and you improved from when you started. Nice job there. (b")b

-Sonic~Boom-

☆彡
Years
Hm, lets see what we got here. I guess I can give some CCnC on the newer banners.

Right, lets see. The theme color is pretty well picked, but, just pink is a bit boring. Add maybe colors from the render! A bit of green, yellow, black, ect. =] The text was used with a nice font, but, it's kinda taking a lot of space i the banner and over the render. =x To me, banners should maybe have a small statement, even just one word or two, or a small font. A long sentence and large font kinda takes attention away from your render or focal point in the banner. Hmm, there's not too much going on in the banner. It's pretty plain. =[ Adding textures, c4ds, or some adding more smudging might help with that problem. Since it's kinda plain, it looks flat, or just without depth in the banner. D=

Well, I see you have a better color theme on this banner. There's at least 2 or 3 colors in the banner. =] However, it's just pretty bright. >..O;;; If it's too bright in a part of a banner, it hurts the viewer's eyes and takes attention away from the focal point in a banner. Now, I'm sure you wouldn't want that to happen. It's cool to see you used the pentool in this banner. =] It looks pretty good! The text, looks better in the banner. ^..^ The font you pick, well, it could have been better, but it's not bad. My only concern about the whole banner is that it's bright. @..@ You might wanna make a new layer with a dark shade of a color and set it to Overlay or burn. Then, you can change the opacity around and see where it looks better at. ^..^

Er, I hope I helped a bit. XD You're pretty good for a starter, and you improved from when you started. Nice job there. (b")b

Thank you for all your thoughts on them. =) It really helps me.

The first banner was for a request, so I had to stick to the colour scheme they gave me. =3

The second was made for me, and I guess I could have darkened it a bit. I wasn't too sure on the font either. =\

Once again, thank you! =D

Update:
These are all done as requests, so don't think bad of me. =|
kairi.png

TruthBanner.png

Cloud.png

Last edited:

Angela

Aristocracy
Years
Wow the newest ones look epic, tho they might be a bit smaller..

This one looks just wonderful..
TruthBanner.png

I really like the colours you used, the light source is on a good place and the placement of the render is fantastic, I really like how you used her hair to make the flow.. Tho the text on the banner should be made so it fits in better, it kinda sticks out and doesn't match the banner...

Cloud.png

The text on this one looks really good, what do you call it?
The colours match really well and I like the background..

Keep up the great work.. :D

-Sonic~Boom-

☆彡
Years
Wow the newest ones look epic, tho they might be a bit smaller..

This one looks just wonderful..
TruthBanner.png

I really like the colours you used, the light source is on a good place and the placement of the render is fantastic, I really like how you used her hair to make the flow.. Tho the text on the banner should be made so it fits in better, it kinda sticks out and doesn't match the banner...

Cloud.png

The text on this one looks really good, what do you call it?
The colours match really well and I like the background..

Keep up the great work.. :D

Thank you for all your comments. They make me want to keep going. =)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
You must really like pink, don't you? ^^" I must say, you're improving with every step you take, which is a really good thing. Most Graphic Artists tend to stick to one thing and never learn to experiment out of their preference.

Now, I wouldn't say that you're at the top yet. You still got a lot of work to do. Hm, I suggest you try to make smaller banners? ^^"

-Sonic~Boom-

☆彡
Years
You must really like pink, don't you? ^^" I must say, you're improving with every step you take, which is a really good thing. Most Graphic Artists tend to stick to one thing and never learn to experiment out of their preference.

Now, I wouldn't say that you're at the top yet. You still got a lot of work to do. Hm, I suggest you try to make smaller banners? ^^"

It's not that I prefer pink, they are just requests. ^^
I'll take your advice and try some smaller ones. Than you. =D

Update:
Another request done for somebody:
Saix.png

Last edited:

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
I'll with the first spoiler. Well, as you said, they aren't that good... xD The backgrounds were messy, the character renders were choppy, and the text really didn't suit. But seeing as they were your first, it would be expected for them to be not that good.

In the second spoiler they were a little bit better, especially the background, I can see you started using brushes then. But the characters were still a bit choppy and the text didn't really improve, I think you should have just left the text out when you were doing them since the text can be one of the hardest things to fit into the piece properly so it would look good. But still, an improvement.

The third spoiler has much more of an improvement. The renders looked better, the backgrounds were more decent, and the text was improved too, but the text there was not looking right, it didn't really fit in properly with the whole piece, and you should stick with more simple fonts, the fancy ones can kind of ruin it. Overall there was a good improvement there.

Lastly, your current work is a good improvement from the last work. I see you have been using borders in some, the most current one's border should have been a little bigger though. There is a better use of text and brushes for the background. You should now try using c4ds in your signatures for great effects. The text still doesn't fit in, but it takes a while to get that to look good, and as I've already said, you should use more simple fonts.
Your best is definitely the sig that you're currently using.

Keep practicing~! :D

-Sonic~Boom-

☆彡
Years
I'll with the first spoiler. Well, as you said, they aren't that good... xD The backgrounds were messy, the character renders were choppy, and the text really didn't suit. But seeing as they were your first, it would be expected for them to be not that good.

In the second spoiler they were a little bit better, especially the background, I can see you started using brushes then. But the characters were still a bit choppy and the text didn't really improve, I think you should have just left the text out when you were doing them since the text can be one of the hardest things to fit into the piece properly so it would look good. But still, an improvement.

The third spoiler has much more of an improvement. The renders looked better, the backgrounds were more decent, and the text was improved too, but the text there was not looking right, it didn't really fit in properly with the whole piece, and you should stick with more simple fonts, the fancy ones can kind of ruin it. Overall there was a good improvement there.

Lastly, your current work is a good improvement from the last work. I see you have been using borders in some, the most current one's border should have been a little bigger though. There is a better use of text and brushes for the background. You should now try using c4ds in your signatures for great effects. The text still doesn't fit in, but it takes a while to get that to look good, and as I've already said, you should use more simple fonts.
Your best is definitely the sig that you're currently using.

Keep practicing~! :D

Thank you for all your comments. They really help.

I created this by adding a C4D, making (hopefully) the text more suited and making it a smaller banner. I hope you like it. =)

Rayman.png

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Thank you for all your comments. They really help.

I created this by adding a C4D, making (hopefully) the text more suited and making it a smaller banner. I hope you like it. =)

Rayman.png

Not bad, keep practicing with c4ds if you haven't used them much. The size of it is really to your liking, but I think it's much easier to work with a smaller size.
As for the text, it does look better, and fits in more, but you should do more to it, not just put it there. One thing that I like is having the text in a design, here's what I mean:
InTheSky.png

You see the small pattern around the text that I put there? Well yeah, that's what I meant, and also a change in sizes of text can also look good. Another thing is using blending options like the opacity, etc. There's much better designs you can use for the text, that one is pretty basic. Just keep fiddling around with it until you really think it fits.

-Sonic~Boom-

☆彡
Years
[/CENTER]

I really like these the most, especially the Cloud one. ^_^ He's my favorite character of all time.

The Sora one is abit bright but I still like it. Overall good job imo.
Thanks for all your feedback. =)

Not bad, keep practicing with c4ds if you haven't used them much. The size of it is really to your liking, but I think it's much easier to work with a smaller size.
As for the text, it does look better, and fits in more, but you should do more to it, not just put it there. One thing that I like is having the text in a design, here's what I mean:
InTheSky.png

You see the small pattern around the text that I put there? Well yeah, that's what I meant, and also a change in sizes of text can also look good. Another thing is using blending options like the opacity, etc. There's much better designs you can use for the text, that one is pretty basic. Just keep fiddling around with it until you really think it fits.

I understand. I'll try to spice the font up and practice with C4Ds. Thank you for everything. :)

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
I think your lastests tags have too much white and empty space.

When you make tags that big you need to try and occupy all of the tag, since they seem rather empty as one side has the render and the other side doesn't have much.. That's the trick to working with bigger tags.

And all the white space is unecesscary and makes your tags look too bright. Although they do make your renders blend in, the white takes all the colour of of your tags. But you are improving. If you still have issues with these, trying working on tags with a smaller space as in small width and height. 400 x 150 is a good size. That way you won't have to fill it up much.

-Sonic~Boom-

☆彡
Years
I think your lastests tags have too much white and empty space.

When you make tags that big you need to try and occupy all of the tag, since they seem rather empty as one side has the render and the other side doesn't have much.. That's the trick to working with bigger tags.

And all the white space is unecesscary and makes your tags look too bright. Although they do make your renders blend in, the white takes all the colour of of your tags. But you are improving. If you still have issues with these, trying working on tags with a smaller space as in small width and height. 400 x 150 is a good size. That way you won't have to fill it up much.

Thank you. Since many of my latest banners are done through requests, I have to use the size requested. I may use that size as my own deafult size though, thanks. =) I'll try and tone down the white too.

Back