• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sony has gone mad

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
Years
  • After this, I'm like totally not going to buy any more sony products... o.O

They are like totally being sooo mean.... with exploding laptop batteries, DRM Rootkits, and totally high PS3 retail price... ;-;

Bippa

I'M NOT A BEGINNING TRAINER!
    Years
  • Ouch...I'm extremely sorry to hear that. I've hated Sony ever since the PS2. The PS3 is ridiculous. I'm really sorry they had to get sued right when you ordered. Well, at least you can get your money back to order from somewhere else.

Bippa

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
  • Ouch Indeed,That is terrible and dumb at the same time x_X,I have never liked Sony only Microsoft and Nintendo,Song is just off my list for good now

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Ouch, sorry to hear that. That was plain idiotic. And I thought I used to 'like' Sony >_>

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • Meh, Sony looks like a real party pooper for this but Lik-sang should have seen it coming. I'm not saying it's their fault but they had been sued before by Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo, it was for a different reason though. I guess they just couldn't handle all of these Sony suites this time, sucks to be them or one of their customers.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Idiots...IDIOTS!!! Sony is full of IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!

I am DEFINITELY not going to get a PS3 now...I'll just use an emulator for KH3 and whatever else pops up...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Ouch. :x I don't even understand why this was done. Was it just because Lik-Sang was selling PSPs without "official" voltage convertors? Because that's all I got out of reading this article and if it's true, that's utterly ridiculous. Can't you just buy a PSP from Amazon.co.jp and get the same thing that you'd get from Lik-Sang? They ship worldwide, so...what's the difference?

o_O; Unless that's not the actual reason and I'm just slow today or something.

Years
  • Sony has always been mad

live with it, but why close down some site that sells stuff to people in other places. its not like the world will end.
    But I never used it so what the hell.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • They must be afraid of the positive effect importing gives... lets see, if some PSPs or PS3s get sent overseas, doesn't that basically mean a buyer is an unpaid walking advert for the product when/before it launches?

This time Sony's move makes no sense at all!

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
  • It doesn't mean that products won't be shipped to other countries anymore would it...? o_o
    Well, if it doesn't mean so, then good, because I don't use Lik-sang at all.. :P
    As long as I get my stuff, who cares.. lols.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Lightning: I believe it says someplace on all Sony (gaming) products, that use or sale outside of a cerain region is illegal. It would explain why Sony can win the lawsuit, but doesn't explain why they would make the effort.

Use? That's not possible... If I moved across the world and brought my PSP with me, there's no possible way that Sony could surprise me with a lawsuit.

Now, sale may have certain regulations. Because Sony has exclusive rights to their product's launches, and that voltage regulators and other accessories must be bought from a 3rd party company, they do lose a bit of business. Because power accessories can 'cause' safety hazards and other problems, they have another excuse to use in the lawsuit too(whether or not there really has been a problem with the accessories). Anyone remember crap posted all over the net about Powerbricks effectively turning your PSP into a brick?

Really, it was a bad move on Sony's part, but Lik-Sang should have seen it coming. It's not really fair to be so hard on Sony, there have always been lawsuits coming from many other gaming/electronic companies against exporters like Lik-Sang. This time Sony just accidentally screwed their business over...

Cloud_boy

FML
    Years
  • I must say, I may be a Sony Fan-boy and all, but that is where I draw the freaking line. Sony...I hate you.

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
  • Brittany: Hmm...maybe you're right. It depends on how the statement below is taken. If "export" implies "sell to another country", then that would be illegal. However, if "export" is taken to mean "transportation to another country", then even that would be illegal according to the PS2 box:

Sony has gone mad

(Taken from the back of the PS2 box.)

According to Wikipedia: ...An export is any good or commodity, transported from one country to another country...

Take this as you will, either way prooves that Sony is a corperate bully.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • wow....creepy...

but i dont really care....as long as they keep releasing games like devil may cry4 or metal gear solid4 on the playstation...im happy!

and besides cant you get it from anywhere else?

Back