• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sorry, just starting and a short question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hey guys, Connor96 here, I've read it was important to start with a beginners' thread so here I go! The best hacks I know come from this site, and so I thought: "If they can do it, why can't I?" As it turns out, it's harder than it looks. I looked at some scripting tutorials, mainly diegoisawesome's xse scripting tutorial (I had the ambition of trying to hack a fire-red rom in such a way it would contain johto, kanto and hoenn, don't know if such a hack already exists.... again, sorry for being the amateur not doing his research), but I do not quite know a lot about mapping, so here i'm just wondering whether you can put an emerald block into a fire red rom. if anyone knows how to do this, it would be really appreciated by me, thanks in advance, and sorry for being the commonly hated starter hacker...

Years
  • Hey there Connor, welcome to the forum and pleasure to meet you! ♥

Your question would fit much better in the ROM Hacking Simple Questions thread over in the Emulation section since it deals with simpler questions such as yours. There's also the useful Script Help Thread that is available to you for any script-related help you might need. Anything ROM hacking-related will be seen much faster if it's posted in the Emulation section rather than here as New Users / Welcome is primarily where we greet new users. Unfortunately as someone who doesn't hack I can't really help you out, but you'll definitely get an answer to your question over in the threads I linked you to! :D

Anyways, with that said, I'll close this now. Feel free to contact me if you need any more help!

whimsicott_lock_zps3c702577.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back