• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Soul Calibur or Tekken

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
    Years
    I would go for soul calibur, never played tekken fully just in the arcaderooms and that was tekken 3. And the Cg version of SC2 has link. Mahahahaha, link is so cooooool :3

sooty172

someday you will be hunted
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 17, 2006
    soul caliber because it has better characters than the boring teken

Sailor_Moon

On behalf of the Moon >_<
    Years
    hmm well actually i like both. they both have good use of characters and good story lines. thing is cali tend to use weapons while tekken uses natural resources never the less both games r wicked! >_< and i challenge ne one who dares :P

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    I don't know where you're getting the whole storyline thing from, but Tekken goes deep into their storylines, whereas Soul Calibur is vague with theirs.

But then again, Tekken's fighting system is the same stale stuff that's been around since T1.

And SCIII will have create-a-character. FINALLY!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Tekken. After playing Tekken, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, Tekken Tag, Tekken 4 and Tekken 5 I have to say I like Tekken better then any other fighting game out there (and it is the number one selling fighting game series).

Moggy

moogle king!!!!!!!
    Years
    i prefer soul caliber because of its graphic and characters but i do like tekken tag

STJ

meh... ^_^'
    Years
    I like them both... Tekken's got a pretty good storyline, and the fighting system is of a high standard (in my opinion, anyway). The endings of Tekken 5 are also very funny (especially Law hehe)

The same goes for Sould Calibur... It's original.. I don't recall any other fighting game that has weaponry in it (correct me if I'm wrong) and the third game does look promising (I hope Xianghua's still in it). I have to say though, I think Soul Calibur would be better if they had movie endings also, as opposed to text and pictures...

Sailor_Moon

On behalf of the Moon >_<
    Years
    Tekken. After playing Tekken, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, Tekken Tag, Tekken 4 and Tekken 5 I have to say I like Tekken better then any other fighting game out there (and it is the number one selling fighting game series).

Yes true that tekken is a good game but 2 be honest i fink street fight is one of the best fightin games out there lolz but street fighter aint the issue >_<

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    I'm going with Soul Calibur as well. While sure, the Tekken series has a relatively deeper storyline than the Soul Calibur series, it lacks in the new & innovative department. The only difference between T1 through T5 are the graphics & number of characters. I do enjoy playing as the Panda Bear in the new Tekken though. >_>

Last edited:
    Back