• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sounding Off: Shot In The Eye? No Big Deal!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Alright, we all know gun control is a topic of big debate nowadays. I'm not here to discuss my thoughts on gun control. That might happen one day in the future, when I have more time.

Nah, today, I just want to give a story some publicity, cause personally, I think it's admirable, insane, and hilarious at the same time.

So, if most of us got shot in the eye, we'd be out for a while, my assumption. Well meet this man, Tom Dotterer:

thomas-dotterer-shot-in-eye-650x387_zps353c83f4.png

He's a 77 year old man who is just a regular shop owner. On Monday, this man got shot in the eye during a robbery. The image above you is him back at work within the space of ONE DAY. Admirable right? Here's where it gets really good.

Now, you might remember me sounding off on WWE's Royal Rumble a few entries ago. So yeah, I'm a WWE fan. And the result of the Rock/Punk match was Rock becoming the new WWE champion, ending the 400+ day reign of Punk.

Well, Mr Dotterer was interviewed about his experience on Monday, and asked his thoughts. Apparently, getting shot wasn't that big of a deal. Nope, instead, and this is what he said:

"That's the worst thing that happened to me all week, the Rock beat Punk. Did you know that?"

Holy hell, this man has got my respect. He get's shot in the face, and that's not the worst thing that's happened to him! Goes to show you how much of a Punk fan this man is. And Punk even went to publicly thank Dotterer for his comment via Twitter. Now how awesome is that?

It's a simple story, but I found it touching and cute. Hope you get better Mr Dotterer, my fellow CM Punk fan!

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
    Years
    i once had a karate teacher that looked like that guy. he was pretty cool. he broke a muggers jaw at age 12, no joke. but yeah, pretty cool guy. if i ever get shot in the eye, i'm gonna say that.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Droomph, it's kinda scary how nonchalantly you say that. :c

@rooster: Damn. that is one badass karate teacher. Age 12? Damnnnn

Back