• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sounding Off: The College Application

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Bit of a personal topic for me, but today, I'm gonna focus on the college application process (or at least, here in America. From what I understand, it's different out of the country).

The One Year Time thread in OVP got me thinking about how much effort I put into college applications in 2012. I took multiple SATs, had to make sure my grades were top notch, and of course, had to actually apply to colleges. A good population of PC seem to be college students, so maybe you can sympathize and agree with me when I say this: the college app process sucks.

I mean, it's one thing to put effort into applying to college. I don't mind, since it makes sense. The more you try, the more successful you'll be right? What bothers me is how chaotic it can become. And also the insane competition. I go to a school where competition is an all time high. Competitions the reason the huge cheating scandal happened at the end of last term in June. Points to you if you know what school I go to.

Anyway, to juggle everything at one is really crazy, but I guess it's something you do have to suffer through. I'm proud to say that I finished my applications on time (thank god for Common App). I still have to apply for FAFSA and the CSS profile though. Blah.

The one true problem I have with college applications is how pricey the admission process itself can become. I mean, it sucks enough that we have to pay a crazy tuition for the college of our dreams. But the application fees are insane, especially for someone like me who needs to pay them in full. I can already say that I payed nearly a thousand bucks on application fees and also the CSS profile alone.

I guess I'm directing this to current Juniors/11th graders out there. Get your act together guys, cause this wont be an easy process. It's going to be rough, but in the end, it should be worth it.

On a slightly unrelated note, second term started for me, and they ran out of second term senior stickers withing 10 minutes. =(

And that's me sounding off today. Thanks for reading!

Back