• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sparknotes Cheating?

Bay

Years
    The Great Gatsby FTW. Gotta love the characters and culture. :3

I used Sparknotes before, but yeah only as a resource if I don't get what happened in a certain scene from a book and such (I read all the books I'm assigned, yo :3 ). I find that to be very useful in high school. Oh gosh, can't tell you how many of my friends used Sparknotes instead of reading a book. XD; Now that's cheating! :P

However, in university, I haven't used it as much. One is I'm not an English major. XD; Another reason my classes require research on some of our assignments, so I use other sources besides Sparknotes. I probably recommend not using Sparknotes as a resource if you're going to university. XD

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    Never read the book but Spark note is never cheating its more like getting your friend to explain what the chapter was about its perfectly fine.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    It is cheating, because it's in essence paraphrasing someone else's work. If you're having trouble, read through the book again or even ask for a little help, but don't just paraphrase what someone else says.

However, if you're using it as a pathway, rather than just writing it down, it can be useful as an aid.

Verkaufer

bis zum bitteren ende
    Years
    Sparknotes isn't cheating, it's assistance. There's a difference between looking at others' notes and plagiarizing an essay.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    Nah, it's not cheating. I mean, provided you actually read the book itself :P

But if you did, and are having trouble understanding certain parts of it...then no, I don't see how using spark notes would be at all considered cheating.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Teachers have different interpretations on this, and it's basically up to them. Some may say it's a good aid, while others may say assignments are for you to figure out on your own.

Back