• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Special Anime Discussion #20: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon

You've seen it now, what do you think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pikachu007

Prime Pikachu
    Years
    I just saw it I must say I got mixed feelings about it.I'm happy that pikachu still has his voice because I also saw the credits and Ikue OHTANI was in the credits but as for the other voices I like misty's & max's voices but ash & brock I still got mixed feelings and may she sounded older then she is. But the background music better than the crappy 4kids
    background music. I really hope pokemon USA will not make season 9 like this.

GreatLiver

man, myth, stud
    Years
    The plot wasn't that bad even though it was extremely predictable. The voices were horrible for most of the guys. Ash's Max's and Meowth's all sounded pretty much the same. Brock's was just beyond horrible. Overall it was ok......... if you had it on mute

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Jirachi-master said:
    ok, and I send th to? Just post it so I dont have to search. We cannot let them get away with this.
    Pokemon USA, Inc
    400 Madison Ave
    New York, NY, 10017

There's another one, but I'm not sure what it is. Just send your letters there and remember to not insult them or anything. Just state how much changing the cast would effect the show and your opinions(in a respectful manner) of the new cast.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    This was all right, especially Yung's plan. What bothers me the most is the voices that will replace Taylor and the others. Misty's, Max's, Meowth's and Jessie's voices were all right, but Ash's, May's, Brock's, James's, and Oak's? They got so annoying that I want 4Kids to get ahold of Pokémon again.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    grandadvanceshipper said:
    i hope something BAD happens to misty in the episode,when misty is not happy, im happy,also the special aired yesterday on tv tokyo in japan so at least some pokemon site must have spoilers,im gonna look,
    wow are you badly miss-informed!

this special has not aired in Japan (although there are recent rumors that it might)
    and Misty is the queen of Pokemon.. why would you want something bad to happen to her? so sad..

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    OMG Steve double posted *gives a warning*. XD

I'll comment on the ep (special) because my views on the new VAs is in the other thread.

The special wasn't all that good. It was sort of boring, acting was bad, and didn't have the feel of a special. It had the feel of a loony two part Pokemon ep. And it had many holes in it as well, like how May knew Mewtwo and Mew. And how everyone knew who Mew was (Oak knows because well he should know that kind of stuff). Mewtwo whiped Ash and co's memories about Mewtwo (till he met up with him again), Mew, the clones and all that. So how did everyone know who Mew was? The whole thing was poorly written, it was just slapped together to try out the new VAs (the whole thing didn't have a Pokemon feel to it).

Pkmnmasta

Fan Since 1998!
    Years
    Weeeeelllll.....The New voices are ok....But I would rather have the olds ones back. However, if PUSA Keeps dubbing Pokemon, do you think they would keep the Japanese music? I too had mixed feelings about this. WE MUST NOT LET THEM GET AWAAAAAYYYY!!...... (Ding!)

Years
    hmmm, not too bad. I'll watch it still.

I liked it, it actually kept my attention, something I haven't been able to do for a while. I like Ash, Max and Misty's voices more than the old VAs...Brock's hurt my ears, I can't stand it.

Anyway, maybe I might be able to watch the eps now, with different voices. The way that Mew went away, reminded me of the digimon and some of it was like Megaman.

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    Misty's voice is the only good one. That's all I will say about the voices.

Anyway, the special itself wasn't too good. Quite a few plotholes.

For example, how'd Pikachu learn Volt Tackle?

Neko_Haruko

Insane FANGirl
    Years
    Strawberry Delcatty said:
    Misty's voice is the only good one. That's all I will say about the voices.

Anyway, the special itself wasn't too good. Quite a few plotholes.

For example, how'd Pikachu learn Volt Tackle?
    As battle frontier goes on he learns that. forget how. but yyeah. A few spoilers here and there...

Skitty101

Crazed Advanceshipper!!
    Years
    I'd really like to watch this epiosode with the original voice actors. The new voices are horrible! It ruined the epidode! I think it would be a whole lot cooler if
    they redid the episode with the normal voice actors. (Like that's gonna happen)
    May's voice was the worst, in my opinion!!

I was looking forward to this special. When it started I was happy May and Max were in it! :classic: Then when Ash started talking (At first I thought he was imitating Prof. Oak) I was shocked! Then I heard May's voice I was surprised as surprised can get! The old voice actors were way, way better!

Years
    I'm not suprised that Pikachu learned that attack between then and the recent episodes.

But the fact that Pikachu used Volt Tackle on Tailow way back in the day sorta freaked me out. (Ash said Thunder; That didn't look like any Thunder attack)

Lemme just say that the VAs changed how I viewed this episode. I could normally ignore them just to get the episode, but this one just gave me a headache. The only ones that were close to the originals were Misty, Pikachu, and Wobuffet.

Ash's voice sounds too deep (how can you replicate such a voice?). May's voice was somewhat annoying when she was first introduced, then this happened; couldn't have they chosen a better VA than that one?! No offense, Pokémon of USA, but IT WAS HORRIBLE!!! Max's was a little off tone here and there, but nothing too dramatic. I'd rather not go into Brock's. (almost trashed my TV with remote after hearing him twice...) Misty's sounded like she did from the first season, which I was freaked out about. (nearly perfect) Professor Oak's sounded a lot like when James immitated professor Oak in Johto. Jessie's sounds a little too young and James' failed to have the same emotion like Eric Stewart. Meowth's couldn't hit the gangsta tone down.

Besides the VAs, the episode was decent, despite the fact on how everybody knew Mewtwo. I'd rather not go into details right now.

And all Pokéshippers are sad that P of USA didn't add anything in... *sob*

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
    Years
    I've seen the Mirage Special and overall is just meh. However, I agree with all of you guys. The new voice actors are TERRIBLE! I don't understand why would Nintendo hire a bunch of new voice actors without giving them any efforts to the characters themselves. No offense but Nintendo should of just stick with the voice actors from 4 Kids instead of replacing them with a bunch of amateurs.

Plus the Pokemon anime itself is not really all that great. It not only appeals to kids, but its just too darn predictable. We all know that Team Rocket's scheme is to catch Ash's Pikachu and at the end they always lose, and we also know that every legendary Pokemon would be featured in a movie or a special and that ther are so powerfull ,they can cause the world a chain reaction.

Even though this is a Pokemon forums, I don't understand why do you guys praise this show so much? Its not that much of a great show, its just a quick cash in for Nintendo to get money. The only thing I like about Pokemon are the games, I don't really care about the anime. The game is where Pokemon is actually a big issue.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The 10 Anniversary was back in February....they were just...kinda late on it.
    But I liked the special. It was amusing, and Mew as there in all its adorableness.

It was fun to watch, but it wasn't my favorite couple of episodes.. actually, parts of it it were kinda dull.
    I was actually expecting more from it then what we got...
    Still, it had lots of my favorite Pokemon in it! ^^

As for the voices... theres a topic for that, on which I posted my thoughts of them...

I plan to keep this post happy, however, and not go on about it here ...^^;

((Ikue's pregnant?? o____o ..... Yay for her! Pikachu's voice will be different for awhile, but its okay since she'll be back sooner or later. -^^- ))

Kurosaki~Dragon

Let the Thunder embrace you
    Years
    I was just flipping channels on my TV and I thought I would watch this, just to hear the new voices, since thats all people have been talking about, it wasn't that bad though...but god I thought GX ad bad dub voices xD... I didn't realliy like Asah so much, but now I can't help but feel sorry for tehy guy, for the horrendous VA... Mistys VA was the worst though..

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    i am glade that it was May who save Misty instead of Ash. That was the best part of the all Special....

Back