• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Special Rental DVD Reveals new images

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
  • A friend of the webmaster at Serebii obtained a special rental DVD for the new pokemon movie that had some new black and white footage.

The following images are from serebii.net:

Special Rental DVD Reveals new images

What do you think of the images?

I like the starter select screen. It looks really nice. I do not like the new grass tile all too much. In the bottom right image it looks like that car-like thing has appeared again. The bottom left image has a Girl hiker?

EDIT: I added the more recent images.

Last edited:

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    NICE! I like them a lot! The graphics look pretty awesome. And I'm sorta kinda getting used to the new starters...

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
  • A friend of the webmaster at Serebii obtained a special rental DVD for the new pokemon movie that had some new black and white footage.

The following images are from serebii.net:

What do you think of the images?

I like the starter select screen. It looks really nice. I do not like the new grass tile all too much. In the bottom left image it looks like that car-like thing has appeared again.
    you sure that's not a camper? It looks like a big bag to me on his/her back...

Rain

Years
  • I really like that blue haired girl's hair.
    I wish I could play as her. xD

Some of the trees in that one screenshot look like they're falling over. :P
    I really like the graphics so far.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • I think the Green building may be the gym. Also, I believe it correlates with the "honeycomb" picture, meaning I'm guessing Hiun hosts a bug-type gym.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    am i the only person that thinks the graphics are identical to hg/ss. the just move the camera view around. i dont mean to be a debby downer, but the graphics arent improved from gen 4 at all. i mean yeah they battles have moving sprites, and the cities are more "3d"ish, but its still hg/ss graphics.

after all that, i am still really excited for the games, im not trying to bash them, just when people say, wow thats amazing, they graphics look so good, its just like, wait, its the exact same.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I think the Green building may be the gym. Also, I believe it correlates with the "honeycomb" picture, meaning I'm guessing Hiun hosts a bug-type gym.

The honeycomb gym is in a parachute like building far in the top left of the Isshu region. We found this info out in the recent reveal of the larger more detailed Isshu region map.

am i the only person that thinks the graphics are identical to hg/ss. the just move the camera view around. i dont mean to be a debby downer, but the graphics arent improved from gen 4 at all. i mean yeah they battles have moving sprites, and the cities are more "3d"ish, but its still hg/ss graphics.

after all that, i am still really excited for the games, im not trying to bash them, just when people say, wow thats amazing, they graphics look so good, its just like, wait, its the exact same.

The graphics are SIMILAR. They arent the same. Its a slight step up from them. Just like DPPT graphics are SIMILAR to HGSS graphics, but not the same.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    The starter selection look WAAAAYYY too bland. And the Sky Arrow Bridge has the water messed up, it's tilted for some reason. It's not straight.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2013
    I agree, the starter selection does look waaaaayy too boring. No Poke'balls or anything???

And I think the trees and water look messed up because these are still images. Since the game is 3D and you're moving almost constantly, maybe they really are correct and they'll look better in the game. I've noticed this with HG/SS as well.

Years
  • The starter selection looks awesome! I like how the pokemon are hand drawn, not pixel art. Oh, and it seems as if the Pokemon are not in Pokeballs...could this mean you get the Pokemon in a different way than the traditional Professor way? City looks great as usual (although, im still not like the different angles), and OMFG that girl has blue hair! :3
    New grass tiles...I think we can all agree that they SUCK! Hahaha...so does that hiker =/
    Bridge...again, not liking the angles...oh well :(

Back