• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speech bubble message system v0.6

Eco

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 24, 2020
Hello everyone.

I have a problem with this script. When I put the value 1 the textbox gets off the screen and I dont know how to fix it. Please let me now if there's any solution.

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Hello everyone.
I use Carmaniac's Speech Bubble Message System Script, and I would like to know if there is a way to make the message box appear in MY CHARACTER ...
I want the message balloon to appear when my character speaks ...
If anyone can help me, it will be of great help ... Right now, I thank all those who can help me ...

Blake7

To Ignite all people within our nation
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
Hello everyone.
I use Carmaniac's Speech Bubble Message System Script, and I would like to know if there is a way to make the message box appear in MY CHARACTER ...
I want the message balloon to appear when my character speaks ...
If anyone can help me, it will be of great help ... Right now, I thank all those who can help me ...

you have to change the position/coordinates of the @arrow and message boxes msgwindow in the script

Byliyth

A Giant Mess
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 4, 2020
Speech Bubbles over NPCs

Hey y'all, I've been using carmaniac's speech bubble script, and I was wondering if there was a way to edit it to make speech bubbles over NPCs as opposed to them being at the top or bottom of the screen.
Here's a terrible MS Paint mock-up I made:

attachment.php

If anybody could help, it'd be appreciated!

(Also, the original thread by carmaniac for context: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=295277)

Attachments

• example.png
    example.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 127
Years
pbCallBub(X,Y) is the script command for calling the text bubble. Y is the event ID. X should be set to 1 to do what you asked for above. And X should be set to 2 to have the text appear at top or bottom.

Years
  • Seen today
@Byliyth, I've moved your post into the Speech Bubble thread. I think you've got an answer now, but hopefully this location will be more useful for people trying to find the same solution in the future. (And it's usually easier to get help in the original thread too!)

Byliyth

A Giant Mess
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 4, 2020
@Byliyth, I've moved your post into the Speech Bubble thread. I think you've got an answer now, but hopefully this location will be more useful for people trying to find the same solution in the future. (And it's usually easier to get help in the original thread too!)
Thank you for moving it! Sorry! Also, I didn't want to revive a dead thread.

pbCallBub(X,Y) is the script command for calling the text bubble. Y is the event ID. X should be set to 1 to do what you asked for above. And X should be set to 2 to have the text appear at top or bottom.

Yeah, I know about that, but when you do that, it looks like this:
attachment.php

What I'm looking for is more of a combination of both value 1 and 2, where it hovers directly over or under the character you're talking to, depending on which way you're talking to them, and it shows an arrow still pointing to them, like the mock-up I made shows. It'd be neither at the top nor bottom, but directly over the character.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    41.1 KB · Views: 112
Years
What you are looking for exactly is in a much older and buggier version of the script. The 0.6 version of the script behaves closest to BW and what you asked for isn't part of the BW Text Box Style. Setting the 1st parameter to 1 is the next best thing.

Back