• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Speed of the Game

Evoslingerr

III Generation Enthusiast
    Years
    I was playing my antique versions of pokemon in my pkmn stadium when I remembered there was a function to accelerate the game like in a 400%. Wouldn't it be great if we could do the same with D/P?

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    that'd be AWESOME,
    but as far as I know (thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis far)
    it isn't possible without AR (which sucks)

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Yea. My Emulator Diamond was slow as dirt. My Emulator Platinum though is really fast. I think Nintendo fixed their mistake.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    There's possibility to make emulator run on 200% but it needs to be special emulator.
    But I don't know if it's working all the time

Yeah, I used No$gba which allows you to run on 200%, but then it's messed up. When you only want to take like two or three steps you sometimes end up taking like ten steps. :S

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    It'd be pretty crazy. I probably couldn't tell what would be going on. XD
    I left an emulator for Pokemon Blue on for an hour or so, and when I came back, it was running at 1000% speed.
    Needless to say, I crossed Nugget Bridge really fast. XD

Evoslingerr

III Generation Enthusiast
    Years
    It'd be pretty crazy. I probably couldn't tell what would be going on. XD
    I left an emulator for Pokemon Blue on for an hour or so, and when I came back, it was running at 1000% speed.
    Needless to say, I crossed Nugget Bridge really fast. XD

There's even this function oon the Visual Boy Advance Emulator that allows u to autofire the A button... Which means u can run around and attack pkmn at 1000% and level up.. REALLY fast!

Nintendee

Look Into My Eyes....
    Years
    im not sure if my VBA is stuffed or something but when i play GB games and press the "faster" button it goes like 9000% faster (HOLY MOLY!!!)

Thorazine Corazon

Defective Masterball
    Years
    There's even this function oon the Visual Boy Advance Emulator that allows u to autofire the A button... Which means u can run around and attack pkmn at 1000% and level up.. REALLY fast!

That's what I do with GB/C gen hacks, makes them go by fast so I can get to the story line quicker. :D

Years
    With VBA, you can set the throttle specifically in the menu. As for the NDS emulators, if Platinum is running faster than Diamond, that's more likely to be the emulator settings.

As for the actual game, the best you can do is to ramp text speed up to high (if you haven't already), disable battle animations and switching. That will help substantially.

Back