• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speed?

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
Years
  • Yes I can do as you say. And we call it "touch-typing" here. Basically because you are doing it by touch and memory, and not doing it by looking at the keyboard.

Years
  • I can type really fast if I know what I'm typing. I can't remember the exact scores of my typing tests, but I'm pretty sure I've broken 100 WPM at times. I usually don't type that fast, though. I have to pause to think about what I want to say, so it's a cycle of fast typing and then stopping. XD;;

Speaking of fast typing skills, I shocked my grandpa yesterday. I was typing pretty fast then, and he was just amazed at my speed.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I'm pretty average, since I don't chat as much as I used too - haha. It's about 45 wpm - my speed. ._.

Years
  • Although I do not type the proper way, I still use three fingers on my right hand and one on my left, and the way in which I do type means I end up writing things quickly. I usually remain at a constant speed, but I can go faster if I decide to.

Ronnie

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 23, 2008
    I use four finger on each hand so I type at an incredible rate of speed.

Lash

Years
  • Considering that I don't have many important things to say, I have no need to type fast, though I am able too when I feel like it. If I am in the mood, I can do about:
    40 to 50 WPM (Without looking at the keyboard)
    50+ (Looking at the keyboard)

Though I do make my share of errors.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    I used to be a rather slow typer when I was in typing classes. I couldn't handle the formal way, with keeping the hands in the exact positions. Now that I've spent a great amount of time on the computer and typing, my speed has improved my way. I just type with my fingers going in any direction.

As for not looking, there are times when I have to look. But the way that my desk is situated compared to my chair, I can see my keyboard without moving my eyes away from the screen. Darn the fact that my desk is so low and my chair so high. There are also times when I have to look at the keyboard, like when I have a headache, or the keys stick and I have to pound a certain key. So I have to make sure that I pound the correct key.

I am also rather fast at typing with one hand. It was a task I practiced for a fanfiction I'm writing based on a book, and I wanted to make sure I had the facts correct while typing.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
  • I am good in typing. I can type very fast. But sometimes I will write wrongly.

~Rene~ :t025:

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I can touch type but i dont do it very often only in the dark late at night and i can only use one keyboard

Suposeidly i type 40 words per min

with a few typos

Back