• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spherical Ice's Pixel Art

Years
  • hurr original title :D

Here's my latest pixel art, in order from latest to oldest.

Pyrock-1.png
    Possestone.png
    PossestoneShiny.png
    Oresess-1.png
    OresessShiny.png
    Florupt-1.png
    FloruptBack.png
    Eruptot-1.png
    EruptotBack.png

Pyrock, Possestone, Oresess, Florupt, Eruptot. If you want to learn about them etc., check my deviantART and go to their respective pages.

Years
  • monokid_spritesheet_4___tiles_by_sphericalice-d38blv0.png

From quite a while back,I don't I've posted some of the changes I made here at PC. Anyway for those who dont know I'm on and off making a game called the Adventures of Monokid, and yeah, this is the stuff for it. :D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • See, I'm getting into this whole 'art criticism' thingy you've been going on about!

Pyrock, to me at least, looks like a cigar. I like the name, and want to see what it evolves into... according to your DeviantArt page. Posesstone and Oresses look interesting, especially the Psychic demon-thingy coming out of Possestone. I prefer the first name to the second... saying it out loud sounds a little bit weird, to be honest. As for the final two, I like how Eruptot changes from a bomb to a volcano: kinda unexpected, but when you think about it, it begins to make more sense.

Keep it up, I guess!

Years
  • See, I'm getting into this whole 'art criticism' thingy you've been going on about!

Pyrock, to me at least, looks like a cigar. I like the name, and want to see what it evolves into... according to your DeviantArt page. Posesstone and Oresses look interesting, especially the Psychic demon-thingy coming out of Possestone. I prefer the first name to the second... saying it out loud sounds a little bit weird, to be honest. As for the final two, I like how Eruptot changes from a bomb to a volcano: kinda unexpected, but when you think about it, it begins to make more sense.

Keep it up, I guess!

:D

Originally it was going to be a fish but then I decided against it but the shape kind of stayed intact. I guess a fish is a similar shape to a cigar..? :/ It evolves into Golava, though like Pyrock, I plan to remake it. Yeah, the names are WIPs for both, if I'm honest. And thanks again :D

Will do. :D

Years
  • you__re_such_a_lyra_by_sphericalice-d3ipxok.png

yahahoo_by_sphericalice-d3ipy7w.png

don__t_be_such_a_nosy_parker_by_sphericalice-d3irzfj.png

christopher_and_winnie_by_sphericalice-d3itmjz.png

burn_baby_burn_by_sphericalice-d3irzka.png

Just some trainers. The third one I'm not too sure on. The fire beetle is going to be part of a three stage evolution line, hence it's size. I just haven't gotten around to it. :/

Somni

Robot Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2016
    really cool graphics for your game! I think it's difficult to tell what your fakemons are exactly. I'm not saying pokemon are supposed to look like animals but usually they are based off of familiar shapes and colors from real life creatures. Anyways good luck on your game!

Years
  • I love it! It's so adorable~
    really cool graphics for your game! I think it's difficult to tell what your fakemons are exactly. I'm not saying pokemon are supposed to look like animals but usually they are based off of familiar shapes and colors from real life creatures. Anyways good luck on your game!
    I find that true only for Pyrock, the first one. The rest are clearly based on rocks, volcanos and bombs, from left to right. And the fire beetle looks pretty similar to a beetle too, so...

Anywho!
    Animation-1.gif

It's for a kind of contest on another forum and we had to make an animation. So yeah.

Years
  • Sral.png

Séral, the Coral Pokémon
    Type: Water/Rock
    Description: It thrives on the seabottom, harvesting seaweed to feast on. It is said that it's largest branch cannot be broken.
    (I've seen and removed those stray pixels, btw).

Bonechill

Ghost Type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2013
    Well you just made a Mario reference, so you have my attention!

Keep up your spriting, it's very good!

Years
  • :D Thanks

Yes, yes I did.
    Thanks. :P

GGH.gif

This is why I dont do the gardening.
    A quick suggestion: you could make the shadow grow and shrink as the... garden? floats up and down.

It's cute, like all your characters. I wasn't quite sure what I was looking at when I first saw it. I thought the nose was a mouth like this --> :D

Years
  • A quick suggestion: you could make the shadow grow and shrink as the... garden? floats up and down.

It's cute, like all your characters. I wasn't quite sure what I was looking at when I first saw it. I thought the nose was a mouth like this --> :D
    I would, if it weren't for the fact that Photoshop is stupid and doesnt open frames in separate layers upon opening .gif files. But yeah, I'll bear it in mind the next time I draw a giant garden thing something floating :>

Thanks!
    I also agree with Scarf's suggesstion, other than that I love the coloring, the whole idea of the pixel art and the shading. Its so cute, great job!

:t354:TG
    Thanks!

spinning_pokeball.gif

transparent.gif

mockup__r1672248691.png

A character from Cilerba's Ammo Friends (see sig), an illogical Pokéball which I can't edit because of the aforemention idiocy of Adobe, a pixel of some plushie I got when I was born and what it looks like now and a small mockup where you are a boy who delivers and collects parcels for Guppy Couriers.

Years
  • Aw, what a cute and sad plushie that is.

And that's a strange thing your photoshop is doing. Mine (forget which version it is, not at my computer right now) lets me open a .gif and look at the frames as long as I have the animation window thingy open.

Back