• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [spoiler] B2W2 Disappointments and likes

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Since it appears the old thread died before it could be revived here's a new one.
What were your disappointments and/or your likes?
If you could change something what would it be?
What is your rating on this game from what you've played/ seen/heard so far?

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
One thing I didn't like was how you didn't get one Pokemon of the Trio to fight with before Post-game. Usually you want to fight the "final boss" with the strongest thing you can get. Excellent game anyways. 10/10

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I'm not super duper disappointed, but I wish the game was like
mEcAk.png
how narrow street is.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
Don't they usually have 3D codes? I know they did for HG/SS.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
where are the water pokemons????

just like in bw1 no decent water types whatsoever to catch before getting surf (only oshawott and er marill and psyduck, not decent in my opinion),

and even after getting surf, still a meagre selection compared to other types. (damn basculins) and u get super rod so late once again. the heck srsly

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
At first I was like "Ughhh I don't want to use Azumarill" but get one with Huge Power and suddenly it's the best Water type to use >_> Vaporeon is also a good option...if you get lucky with a dust cloud for a Water stone.

I do agree though, they could've added a tad bit more Water types before E4.

It's not enough for me to get mad at the game one bit. I have no serious disappointments so far.

- You get Leftovers MAD early
- Neo Plasma is actually a pretty good challenge, use evolved Pokemon and not Patrat all day.
- I never feel too overleveled in places. Trainers are usually up to your level in routes and in gyms
- Good Fire types and Electric type options this time
- PWT, nuff said.
- Meaty amount of Legendaries without the need of a 2 week long WiFi event, which can be easily missed
- Move tutors this generation are freaking awesome

The list goes on. I only have 6 badges so far but I haven't felt the need to complain once yet.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
There isn't much that I dislike except, I wish they redesign all the Gym Leader and Elite four sprite to make it feel like 2 year later.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
It's Pokemon, I don't care if it sucks, I love it just because it's another new game and not a rehash like Platinum, Emerald and Yellow

Years
^ Don't forget Crystal.

One of the things I dislike is that we can't get all three Tao dragons in game other than that not much.
I would rate the game from what I've seen 4 1/2 stars.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I haven't played it yet, so I can't really say there's anything I really like or hate. Although, I can already tell you that I'm very upset the follow-me feature wasn't brought back, especially considering there are so many interactable Pokemon, and you can CLEARLY see they have the capabilities to have them out of their Pokeballs and follow you. And they didn't at least give us that option. So yeah, not too happy about that. They're trolling me. And I'm sad.

Years
This thread is also about likes by the way so share some of the things you like ^_^
I liked practically everything I've seen
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2022
I was disappointed that their wasnt a safari zone. i was kinda hoping Unova got one after 2 years, but beside that the games look great

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
We can talk about likes here, too? c:
YAY!
Well, I'm going to put mine in a spoiler, so that way those who want to reduce the amount of info they see won't have to be spoiled by lil' ol' me.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I never liked the Safari Zone. Was too easy to abuse in previous generations. Stand in one spot, and just tap any direction over and over - sat in there forever.

HG/SS Safari Zone was just stupid.

Shards could be a little more common to find. They're in decent abundance throughout the adventure, but after it's going to be a pain, especially since all the good moves are 8-10 shards :/

I hope something is available endgame to increase them.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Likes -
Spoiler:

Dislikes -
Spoiler:

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
Years
The game overall was much better in almost every regard than the prequels.

There is only one thing I actually dislike about BW1, and BW2 since they didn't fix it. The somewhat lack of difficulty later in the game. Sure they made it so you are almost always on par or slightly lower leveled in comparison to the gyms and normal trainers, but when the Gym Leaders only have 3 pokemon and you have a full team of 6 it is no longer difficult. Gyms 4-8 all have Leaders with only 3 pokemon. I feel like the game wasn't nearly as difficult as it could have been because of this.

Gym 4 and 5 should have had 4 pokemon each.
Gym 6 and 7 should have had 5 pokemon each.
Gym 8 and the elite four members should had had 6 pokemon each.
Alder's Grandson should have had 6 pokemon.

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
My only disappointment is a mistake I made myself, in pre-ordering Black 2 before we knew the version Exclusives. I now have to wait for a friend to obtain an Elecabuzz, and trade it to me.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2012
One of my disappointments is that the other Gym Leaders (except for Roxie,Elesa and Shizui) doesn't come out with a new model or appearance. But overall, this B2W2 game rocks :D Oh yeah by the way I don't understand that much since the game is in Japanese, hopefully the English release will come out soon, anyone knows when?

Back