• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Speaking of levels, I certainly hope the Gym Leaders/E4 members pack a little more in their party this time and not 4 POKEMON for the first playthrough.
That made the gyms feel like more of a minor inconvenience rather than a challenge.

Years
Speaking of levels, I certainly hope the Gym Leaders/E4 members pack a little more in their party this time and not 4 POKEMON for the first playthrough.
That made the gyms feel like more of a minor inconvenience rather than a challenge.

This.
Also, I wish the last gym leaders don't have ONLY THREE POKEMON.
That's just pathetic compared to the 4-5 Pokemon the last gym leaders for the other regions have when you battle them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
ffff I ALWAYS GOT STRIATON AND NACRENE MIXED UP. /hide in shame

Well I guess it'd make sense if you could find psychic Pokemon in the craters and then a fighting gym nearby so "Unova makes it easier" once again. :3

SO MUCH FOR B/W MOD. Is kk, embrace your shame. I get it mixed up, dos.

That would be awesome. x.x (still pulling for alien psychic gym)
Solosis, Duosin, Reun-shamalan or w/e it is. etc. But I just saw the Lacunosa being Ghost, and I have to say I semi-agree. I think Village Bridge should be made into a little town, and then put it there for a Ghost gym. Idk, just a little more...ghostly, to me. xD

Years
Fire? Heck no. Fire is a little more destructive, wild, and angry. Undella Town is the exact opposite of all of that. xD
If Undella EVER got a Gym, I would expect Ground or Water.

I'm hoping for a Fighting Type Gym in some city somewhere (lookit me, Mr. Details).
Lavaridge Town had a fire gym and it has relaxing hot springs and some elderly people. Not exactly wild and angry. The town and gym don't have to match up too obviously. Castelia City has a bug gym, after all, not steel or whatever else you would expect from a giant city.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Lavaridge Town had a fire gym and it has relaxing hot springs and some elderly people. Not exactly wild and angry. The town and gym don't have to match up too obviously. Castelia City has a bug gym, after all, not steel or whatever else you would expect from a giant city.

It's really all perspective. I actually would expect a Bug gym in a big city. Ever seen how many cockroaches crawl around Main Street? But with a beach town, idk, it just doesn't seem even close to a fire type gym. Lavaridge was at least on the ridge of an active volcano connected to a hot springs heated by said volcano.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
It's really all perspective. I actually would expect a Bug gym in a big city. Ever seen how many cockroaches crawl around Main Street? But with a beach town, idk, it just doesn't seem even close to a fire type gym. Lavaridge was at least on the ridge of an active volcano connected to a hot springs heated by said volcano.
Lavaridge... -drool- :B

I see your point, but it would be nice to have a Fire type Gym. I'd like to see the Gym Leader use a Volcarona on their team. :L

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Lavaridge... -drool- :B

I see your point, but it would be nice to have a Fire type Gym. I'd like to see the Gym Leader use a Volcarona on their team. :L

Oh lawd, Burgh with a Volcarona. Now we're talkin'. B]
It WOULD be nice to have a fire gym, though. Maybe Chili went all independent and opened up his own! Like, a restaurant that specializes in spicy food! 8D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^ That would ruin the trio though :(
Well we already have ground and water that's why I proposed fire (as without the trio it releases them). Hopefully there will be another steel gym, they could have a Metagross ^_^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
OR my Psychic-alien-themed gym could have a Metagross that represents the SPACE SHIP. <3
I think that would be cool. A Psychic gym with a Duosin, Beheeyem, and a Metagross. <3
That would be awesome. Craters all over the gym that double as a trampoline to mimic literal moon walking. <3

And as far as the trio goes, I don't care. They need to be split. They spend way too much time together.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'd rather a Dark type gym. It would get dull if we had Poison, Dark, and Psychic gyms all at once. :[

Years
A space theme gym would be great, I can imagine it being an observitory with a night sky theme:D!

Well they are triplets, plus that'll mean they aren't the shadow triad :(.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'd rather a Dark type gym. It would get dull if we had Poison, Dark, and Psychic gyms all at once. :[

Oh I want Dark, too. But I just really REALLY want a Psychic gym...with aliens.
But I'm wondering who the leader would be if there were a Dark gym. MAYBE GRIMSLEY. Like, if he retired from the Elite Four, updated his wardrobe, and then started anew with a Gym!

Years
That's possible, after all Blue went from Champ to Gym leader, while Wallance went the other way, so why not go from E4 to Gym. I imagine his gym being a large mansion with things creeping in the dark...though that sounds a little ghosty...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
That's possible, after all Blue went from Champ to Gym leader, while Wallance went the other way, so why not go from E4 to Gym. I imagine his gym being a large mansion with things creeping in the dark...though that sounds a little ghosty...

Maybe just a FABULOUS black gold and red mansion, just colored in dark shades, traps and such. But everything clean, new, and sparkly from all of the gold.
He's tacky like that. That would make for an awesome gym.

Years
Maybe just a FABULOUS black gold and red mansion, just colored in dark shades, traps and such. But everything clean, new, and sparkly from all of the gold.
He's tacky like that. That would make for an awesome gym.

I can totally see that ^_^. I imagine his team will be similar to his rematch E4 team in BW.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

I can totally see that ^_^. I imagine his team will be similar to his rematch E4 team in BW.

I really hope that if he is the Gym Leader, that he replace his Liepard with an Absol. I think I saw one of those next to a Pelipper in the trailer. Which would be MUCH better than a Liepard, let's face it. Maybe even a Tyranitar!

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I like Liepard ;w;

Maybe the Gyms that are frozen could become the new E4? Also, where would Grimsley's Gym be?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The Hardness doesn't depend on the levels, HG/SS elite four were harder than BW.

I disagree completely. HG/SS's E4 was so laughably easy. It took me 30 mins to get pass all 5 trainers my first run through with all my Pokemon 5 levels lower than Will's Pokemon.

I have to train to near Ghetsis's level and it still took me seven tries to beat the E4 in Black. I have to completely change my team and strategy three times before I got a group that worked. B/W was the most challenging E4 battle I've had since Red and Blue before I discovered the Missingno Trick.

As for possible gyms...I can see a Fire Gym replacing one of the other Gyms if Lenora, the Triplets or one of the other gyms closed. Hoping for a Dark Gym. Really want a Dark Gym.

Undella wouldn't be water since we already know of a new Water Gym Leader and he could be in the other new port city. If Clay is still Gym Leader in Driftvell, I don't see a Ground gym being there either. And with Undella being one of the Cities not visible on the current map I don't think it'll have a gym.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I like Liepard ;w;

Maybe the Gyms that are frozen could become the new E4? Also, where would Grimsley's Gym be?
Aw, Grimsley is too epic to be a Gym Leader. u_u I never actually thought about where the Dark type Gym would go which is pretty interesting, because I don't know which place in Unova actually looks and feels "scary".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back