• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Spoiler] Starters

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
  • Most likely:

Cyndaquil (Meh, already got it ages ago as the starter...)
    Treecko (Influenced by PMD2's Grovyle. I think I'll just evolve it then NEVER EVER let it evolve. :D)
    Squirtle (Self-explanatory if you look at the previous starters.)

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
  • Ahh! I haven't been keeping up with any of the HeartGold and SoulSilver talk at all, but I just saw this thread, and it made me so happy. ^_^ I'm thrilled that the 1st gen starters are going to be the main starter Pokemon for these games! They are, by far, my favorite starters of all, and I will probably be choosing Bulbasaur (though it's really close between him and Charmander). As for the later ones, I don't really know/care. I don't like any of them. D:

KingdomBlade

Sora! I choose you!
    Years
  • Chickorita​

Then either:

Charmander
    Mudkipz

or

Torchic
    Squirtle

Getting conflicted because Charizard and Blaziken have always been my favorite fire types.

Oh, and Fate Falls, they're not the main starters, you have to unlock them when you get to all 16 badges and beat Red (end of the game).

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Ooh, this is new. Umm, um.

SS: Chikorita, Squirtle, Torchic.
    HG: What are you ppl, nuts? I'm only forking out for one!

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
  • I'm only getting SoulSilver, but I'm probably gonna go with Totodile, Charmander, and Treecko.
    I'm a big reptile fan.
    Although I was planning on just beating the game with all Bugs, so maybe I'll just start with Chikorita and never pick anything else. XP

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
  • I don't feel like getting the other's in my Jap game but in my English I'll probably end up with..
    Cyndaquil -> Charmander ->Torchick.

I'm a fire trainer. What more can I say?

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • I'll probably pick totodile, charmander and mudkip, the pokemon I had an affinity for. The grass starters never look good enough in my opinion.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    On one game I'll do Bulbasaur/Cyndaquil/Mudkip, then on the other Charmander/Totodile/Treecko. Because I like type balance, I guess.

ayevdayev

Legend
    Years
  • the starters are pretty much the same as Pokemon Gold/Silver
    I would pick cyndaquil because i like fire types, they look cool.
    (also psychic types too)

if only gamefreak made something new

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Well, I'm picking Chikorita and Torchic definitely! :D You can nver have too many Blazikens. ;) However, I want to pick Charmander since it's my favourite Kanto starter, but I already have a Charizard, and I want varied types, so i'll probably end up picking Squirtle. I'm not actually that sure yet, though. :\

Back